New
Find
Notify
Tools

Baronett Big Mike 2.0 blind
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
UPS dropped off a new ground blind today, a Big Mike 2.0. I just had to unbox an pop it up surprisingly it went up in a flash but that was the easy part. After letting it air out for a few hours I decided to take it down...WOW!! What should have been a 30 second task took me 1/2 hour with Karen laughing from the sun deck. Well she was going to show me just how easy it could be done and 30 minutes later we had it back in the box. My neighbor Joe just walked over an said, " Susan and I saw the two of you rolling around in that new tent figured you guys must have been feeling real frisky , until I saw you laying flat on top of the darn thing".
I hope things go easier on my archery mulie hunt or I am just going to leave it up for the next guy.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lol it gets easier each time. I have their giant double blind, like 12’ long. Basicly two blinds hooked together and it’s a 30 second take down now as well.

Master guide #212
Black River Hunting Camps llc
www.alaska-bearhunting.com

Posts: 1396 | Location: Big lake alaska | Registered: 11 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 724wd
posted Hide Post
I just got the 5 hub Pentagon blind and the Ox 5. They're both easy up/easy down. Too short to stand and shoot a bow, unlike the Grounder 350, but the windows are much more archery friendly.

It gets easier each time you take them down. I remember my first blind experience (Ameristep BoneCollecter) I couldn't figure out how to take it down and put the whole damned thing on top of the car to get it back to the barn! rotflmo

NRA Life Member

Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

Posts: 992 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: 19 July 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As someone said here years ago.....always take a video the first time you put it up so you can play it in slow motion when you need to take it down.

It gets easier.

Larry

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history, when everybody stands around reloading" -- Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Truth be told after WE watched a couple of YouTube videos on taking the Big Mike 2.0 down my wife figured it out. Then we put it up and took it down a few times so I could get it set in my mind....an yes it is so simple now I laugh at myself for such a to-do.

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote