New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shooting Ranges in New Jersey
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Not a hunting topic but I thought some of you guys on the American Forum may be able to help me...

I will be in New Jersey next week on business and will have a couple of spare days to kill Friday/Saturday. I thought it would be quite fun to get down to a range and shoot some of the firearms now banned in the UK. I am not familiar with the US firearms laws so I don't even know how I stand as a UK citizen hiring firearms in the US.

Can anyone tell me if there are any ranges they know of around the New Jersey area that will let a non member and a non resident of the US shoot and that will hire out firearms?

Many thanks,

Nigel.

Posts: 78 | Location: Hertfordshire, UK | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Try this link: http://www.nrahq.org/shootingrange/findlocal.asp?State=NJ

Good luck. I don't believe there are local laws against non-residents shooting long arms (shotguns & rifles) but you can always ask.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As a former resident of what we sometimes refer to as the Peoples Republic of New Jersey (now living in Texas) I suggest you spend an few hours or so on the road and drive over to Pennsylvania. Easton is probably your best bet (take Interstate 78 west from the Newark area). I used to be a member of the Easton Fish and Game Association (actually a gun club - not a hunting club). You might try sending them an email. Google "Easton Fish and Game" to get their web site. Enjoy.

Liberals believe that criminals are just like them and guns cause crimes. Conservatives believe criminals are different and that it is the criminals that cause crimes. Maybe both are right and the solution is to keep guns away from liberals.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
mmaggi
Took you advise and went to the NRA website. Many thanks - turned up plenty of options both in NJ and out into PA.

Corax
Took your advise too and headed west to PA (getting tired of city life in NJ)... best thing I did.

Found a small public range called Shimmerville Recreation in Emmaus near Allentown, PA. A very helpful guy called George let me have the run of the rental guns and I got to play with a S&W 45, Tanfaglio 45 and a berretta 92 in .40 cal.

Oh what fun it was! As a Brit, me and several hundred thousand other legitimate pistol shooters had our pistols taken away from us in the 90's by our government so it was a real treat to let go on a few silouette targets down on the range.

Thanks guys for pointing me in the right direction and thanks USA for having sensible firearms legislation!

Keep shooting,

Nige.

PS Sorry if this is hijacking a hunting forum but I felt it sat better on the American forum than any other on this site.

Posts: 78 | Location: Hertfordshire, UK | Registered: 13 January 2005Reply With Quote