THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Hunting Fall in BC - Moose - Blackbear - Timberwolf

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting Fall in BC - Moose - Blackbear - Timberwolf
 Login/Join

Picture of Remington R25
posted
Hi to all,
I'm a new member of this nice forum. dancing

I'm from Germany and plan to go for a hunting trip this fall at the above mentioned game in BC.

I'm not sure which weapon I should take with me.

Got a Ruger 77 MK II in .270 Win

a Remington R 25 in .308 Win

or to buy a new Ruger in .338 RCM. Does anyone has experience with this new Ruger?

Open for every good advice

Thanks in advance

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would take the 270 loaded with 150 gr Partitions and go hunting.

Posts: 1573 | Location: Either far north Idaho or Hill Country Texas depending upon the weather | Registered: 26 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I doubt you can import the R25 into Canada. You will need a bolt rifle. Any of those calibers are fine.

Posts: 10198 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Also, BC is in Canada not the US.

Posts: 10198 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The Ruger 270 will get it all done.

Posts: 19396 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote