Gear for hunting season
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
SC deer season is less than a month away

Went gear shopping today

Cool

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Do you swing that thing like a tennis racket or just hold it up like an antenna or umbrella?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36878 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They work on the tse tse flies in the Sealous , too

Posts: 736 | Location: Quakertown, Pa. | Registered: 11 December 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Do you swing that thing like a tennis racket or just hold it up like an antenna or umbrella?

Tennis racket Big Grin

Mike

Posts: 13145 | Location: Cocoa Beach, Florida | Registered: 22 July 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
Being an electronics tech, I couldn't resist opening up my fly swatter for a bit of modification. A bigger capacitor gives it a much more potent punch. There's a nice, satisfying POP and a mini-arc flash when a bug hits the mesh.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm on my second racket. I'd use mine around the house or camp. I don't think I'll swing it around in the woods while hunting. With the motion of the swinging around, noise and lights flashing, I might not ever see anything in the Green Swamp again. YMMV Best t0 All

Posts: 267 | Location: Tampa | Registered: 01 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Border patrol sure could use it on the border
It might help

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote