New
Find
Notify
Tools

Fusion Confusion
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Has anyone tried federal fusion 165grn .308 ammo? just wandering if it was worth switching from sierra gamekings for deer.

Well polish my balls and serve me a milkshake!

Posts: 325 | Location: Cordele, GA | Registered: 24 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of raybass
posted Hide Post
Tried them in my kimber 84m and they shot well. I haven't tried them on game yet but being a cheap bonded bullet they should do really well. I like the idea I'll try them when I get a chance.

Straight shootin to ya

Posts: 531 | Location: Montgomery, Texas | Registered: 11 September 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 308Sako
posted Hide Post
I haven't tried the Fusion, but would state that the 165 grain weight is a winner in the .308 with nearly any bullet!

Member NRA, SCI- Life #358 28+ years now!
DRSS, double owner-shooter since 1983, O/U .30-06 Browning Continental set.

Posts: 3611 | Location: LV NV | Registered: 22 October 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Versifier
posted Hide Post
Why fix what works?

..And why the sea is boiling hot
And whether pigs have wings.
-Lewis Carroll

Posts: 224 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 01 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't bother trying them in an ar10. I picked up a couple boxes for cheap plinking and got nothing but jams (between homes so I can't reload). Wish I could be of more help.

Posts: 159 | Location: Bozeman, MT | Registered: 11 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of HUNTS
posted Hide Post
I harvested a doe whitetail and doe antelope with my .308 and 165 Fusion factory load last fall. Not only were the Fusion bullets extremely accurate but they dropped both animals in their tracks.

Used my 7mm-08 with 140 TSX on my antelope buck and cow elk during the same hunting season. The Fusion bullet is a winner in my book. Wouldn't hesitate to use it on elk.

Posts: 161 | Location: Bozeman, Montana | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote