Find
Notify
Tools

sad days around the Ravenr homestead
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
http://forums.accuratereloadin...9021043/m/8191042161
with much pride i tell all of you about the finest dog that ever walked the hills of wyoming.
with a broken heart i buried him next to his grandfather yesterday morning.
rest in peace, my dear friend
watch over camp till i get there......

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Joe,

I'm real sorry to hear about you're loss, A good dog is more like a best friend or even a child, especially since you have had the bloodline and friendship for so long. I feel youre pain I lost a great dog nine years ago and have yet to get over it. The memories are always there especially when I'm in the Bighorn's chasing wapiti. I even named a meadow after him. And he was by my side when I arrowd two bulls over the years.

When you ride down the trail this fall it will be a lott lonelier, but he will always be there with you in spirit. And you will find comfort knowing that he will keep your camp safe at night from the grizzlies when you're up hunting for that 55" Bullwinkle. As you lay in you're bedroll at night looking up at the stars, he will be smiling down at you and thanking you for all the great hunts you two have been on together.

They say time will mend a broken heart, I have to call B.S. on that one.

My regards

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry to hear this.

We have two dogs, and are treated like part of the family.

Each time any of our pets - raccoons, cheetahs, etc - die, my wife and daughter cry as we bury them.

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67474 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My sincerest condolences to you. I have a lump in my throat as I type this. I have what some would call a good-for-nothing, pot licking mutt but, I have never had another dog that thought so much of me. I just wish I was half the man she thinks I am. I have to give her insulin twice a day and I have a needle phobia but, I get in my zone and do it.

Posts: 212 | Location: Louisiana, U.S.A. | Registered: 26 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
So sorry to hear this, I remember when I lost my first dog, she grew up with me during my childhood, it was heartbreaking.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Condolences to you, and oh, how I know the feeling. Frowner

As you probably saw, I went through it a couple months ago with our Lab, Sasha. And although both my wife and I were adamant about NOT getting another one, we didn't do too well at that. In fact, Hershey is currently lying next to me with his head across one of my feet.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry to here that. Had to bury my old lab a short time ago and it wasn't only the wife and kids crying.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
sorry to hear of your loss,i know it all to well myself,he will be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge
I always liked this old clip called "The Hunt"
No matter how bad a day i have and seems everyone around me treats me bad,my dog is always glad to see me...

Posts: 3608 | Location: USA | Registered: 08 September 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Condolences from me and my wife Ravenr on the loss of your friend.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of SBT
posted Hide Post
I am sorry Ravenr, I empathize with your loss.

"There are worse memorials to a life well-lived than a pair of elephant tusks." Robert Ruark

Posts: 4780 | Location: Story, WY / San Carlos, Sonora, MX | Registered: 29 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that. I fear that day for all my "babies". As I type this the bird dog is leaning against my leg, the one I picked out of the litter in 1999. Such a similar story.

Rest in peace good dog, rest in peace.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jjbull
posted Hide Post
Sad news, indeed, ravenr.

I am sorry for your loss.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Give me the simple life; an AK-47, a good guard dog and a nymphomaniac who owns a liquor store.

Posts: 820 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota/Florida's Gulf Coast | Registered: 23 March 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am so sorry for you and your family. Probably notmy place to say it but nothing heals a broken heart like a new puppy.

Posts: 318 | Location: Rio Rancho, NM | Registered: 16 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rav

Sorry to hear about Zip. I know people I have cried less over than dogs. He was a beautiful red, solid as a rock for sure! One of my blues is mountain bred, definitely some big red in him, and he has the same "grizz growl" when he finds something he does not like. Sounds like you have GREAT memories.

Perry

Posts: 2247 | Location: South Texas | Registered: 01 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you
in this very hard and sad time. Lean on all of the good
memories to help you through.

Sincerely,
Dog Man

"If you are not working to protect hunting, then you are working to destroy it". Fred Bear

Posts: 444 | Location: WA. State | Registered: 06 November 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry about the loss of your Buddy.They are truly our Best Friends!!!!!

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Each time any of our pets - raccoons, cheetahs, etc - die, my wife and daughter cry as we bury them.

You may be the only person on earth to have spoken or typed that sentence.

Jason

Posts: 582 | Location: Western PA, USA | Registered: 04 August 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Very sad Joe. One of my favorite parts about reading your adventures was Zip always playing a main character.

If you think every possible niche has been filled already, thank a wildcatter!

Posts: 2287 | Location: CO | Registered: 14 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Blacktailer
posted Hide Post
Very sorry for your loss. Good dogs leave behind good memories.

Have gun- Will travel
The value of a trophy is computed directly in terms of personal investment in its acquisition. Robert Ruark

Posts: 3829 | Location: Cave Creek, AZ | Registered: 09 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
folks
i apprieciate the words of condolence
and thank you for the encouragments.
the sense of loss is still there
but the sharp edge has dulled some.
many thanks and safe travels.

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of CamoManJ
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain, hurts like hell...I'm going through the same thing. The great memories we made keeps my chin up & working through it.

"A Lone Hunter is the Best Hunter..."

Posts: 426 | Location: San Antonio, Texas | Registered: 25 June 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of Canuck
posted Hide Post
Sorry for your loss ravenr.

Posts: 7121 | Location: The Rock (southern V.I.) | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote