Find
Notify
Tools

Arizona Guided Hunts
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted
Anybody have experience hunting with Arizona Guided Hunts for Black bear? http://www.arizonahunting.net/bear.htm

If not, have you heard anything on these guys?

I eill also check the hunt reports.

Thanks.

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Have not personally hunted with him, but he is well respected in the area. Heard nothing but good things about his hunts. Can be very physically challenging. I hunt the same areas and there is no other bear hunt like it. Go and enjoy. Pm me for more info..

one of us
Picture of buckeyeshooter
posted Hide Post
An average shot of 250 yards on bear? Its a different type of bear hunt than I've ever been on!

Posts: 5710 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of RREESE
posted Hide Post
Thanks SOAZARCHER

NRA Endowment Member

Posts: 269 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 23 January 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
RREESE

We worked with a guy that was doing those bear hunts in AZ. They did some shooting at 350-400 yrads which to me is not bear hunting. Also as you have been advised it is physically challenging. We had a client blow out a knee on the first hunt day and he was done. Lots of climbing and rough country.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12934 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some of the bear units here in AZ are some of the roughest country you can imagine.

I've hunted unit 27 for both bear and bull elk. If you go to the right area (right depending on your frame of mind and physical limits), it will be some good hunting for bear. But be forewarned, it is rough, hot, steep, and remote.

There's a reason why there's lots of bears still in there.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
I don't know anything about that group, but, if it helps, take a look at Timeberland Outfitters in Flagstaff:

http://www.tlohunting.com/

I went with them 3 years ago for elk. They hunted their asses off for me and my dad. They were first rate guides and first rate guys to hunt with. I highly recommend them.

It is not enough to fight for natural land and the west; it is even more important to enjoy it...So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends...

- Edward Abbey

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote