THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    I need your opinions please, Mexico hunt

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I need your opinions please, Mexico hunt
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted
Since many of us have been fortunate to hunt in more than one or two places, I'd like your opinions on some hunt costs.

What do you all think is a reasonable all inclusive fee for a Coues hunt in Mexico? This would include to and from airport transportation from the Tucson, AZ airport.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

One of Us
Picture of Snellstrom
posted Hide Post
Doc
A few questions came up as soon as I read your post, answer these and you may get a more accurate idea of the cost.

How far are they transporting you, from Tucson AZ to where in Mexico?

How many days is the hunt?

What accomodations are being furnished as well as guide arrangements?

PS: I don't have the answers but this may help someone else give you a good answer.
Good Luck!

Posts: 5604 | Location: Eastern plains of Colorado | Registered: 31 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
How far into Mexico, I'm not sure, but I think I heard around an hour or 2 once you cross the border. The fee will have to include, lodging, meals, all necessary paperwork, tags, you name it. Fully guided fee. AND, trophy care, not including taxidermy, however. Hunt is 6 days.

one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
I hunted Sonora for coues deer and javalina last year; the total cost excluding taxidermy was about $6500.

Pete

Posts: 810 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
I'm looking at $3500.

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
Doc,

Are you hunting mule or Coues deer? For mule deer, figure in the range of $6,000+ and for Coues, about $3,000+. A lot depends on the # of days, accommodations, guiding arrangements (1/1, 2/1), etc. -TONY

EDITED:

Just noticed the $3,500 price you listed. That's about right for Coues deer. It's a 1 1/2-hr. drive just from Tucson to the border, so figure a few more tacked on to get through the red tape and to the ranch(s)

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Thanks. Hey, are still up for honoring that offer you made a year or so ago? The one where you'd fly someone to AZ to shoot at the range at 700 yards and if they can put more than, what was it, 3-4 shots, inside a 9" paper plate....and you remember the rest of the story.

Well, I think I'm ready for the challenge. Might just get my airfare paid for this hunt if I can get it scheduled! clap

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hey, are still up for honoring that offer you made a year or so ago? The one where you'd fly someone to AZ to shoot at the range at 700 yards

You didn't mean the above for me, did you? If so, I have no recollection of ever making that challenge. Perhaps confusing me with someone else? -TONY

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Yes YOU!! Big Grin

Look back at some of your posts in 04 or 05. Maybe I'm wrong but I thought for sure it was someone in AZ, and specifically Tucson.

I'm just kidding actually but I thought there was some discussion on this forum about wind drift and accuracy, I thought you posed a challenge for anyone that could shoot consistently at 700 yards.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Yes, I just went through ALL of my posts where such a challenge would have been pertinently discussed. Found nothing, so don't think it was me.

Plus, I'm in Glendale, a 'burb of Phx and not Tucson.

Now, that said, I might have a doubt at the shooting ability at 700 yards, but I certainly wouldn't offer to pay your airfare to find out. jumping -TONY

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just my 2 Cents. Stay out of Mexico.

Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry any firearm. NRA Benefactor

Posts: 1652 | Location: Deer Park, Texas | Registered: 08 June 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30378:

I'm all ears. Why?

one of us
posted Hide Post

Why so? -TONY

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 30378:

I am all ears as well...

Drum

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
Doc,

You should be able to get it done for $3500. Best of luck on your hunt and if you have any questions please feel free to give me a call...

Drum

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Thanks. I've never heard any bad spice about Mexico. I'm anxiously awaiting for 30378's response.