New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting hearing aids
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have a high frequency hearing loss - doesn't interfere with understanding normal conversation, but I miss a lot of sounds out in the woods. Does anyone have any experience with the Walkers Game Ear, or Sound Scopes? These are essentially hearing aids with a special circuit to cut out loud sounds like a gun shot.

Posts: 53 | Location: Olympia, WA, USA | Registered: 18 November 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Have two WGE that I wear while hunting. I just received a set of Walker Quads on Thursday also have a set of Peltor TAC 6s'. I like the game ear and they do just what they say they will. I wouldn't use them instead of my regular hearing aides but they work at the range and while hunting. [Smile] Keep them dry. They can take a little rain but don't take a soaking they'll die.

Posts: 218 | Location: Sand Hills of NC | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Enjoy your quite world...it ain't half bad.

Posts: 41985 | Location: Twin Falls, Idaho | Registered: 04 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have a pair of Magnum EARs which are excellent when working but generaly require repair once a year. I am getting a low tech set of plugs with the mechanical sound valve for when I have to send them away.

Posts: 2258 | Location: Bristol, England | Registered: 24 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Crawfish, How do you like the Tac6? I have WGE for hunting but would like the electronics for the range.

Posts: 3942 | Location: Kansas USA | Registered: 04 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
larrys,
The TAC6s' work well and I've had them for about two years. The only thing about them that bothers me about them is that they sometimes get in the way of a stock. I only shoot 22lr longguns but the TAC6s' will hit the stock when I shoot from the bench. I just got a set of WGE QUADS that don't have that problem. They have a cutout place on the muff that allowes the stock to be where it is supposed to be without hitting. There is about a $70 differance in price with the QUADS being higher. Both do a very good job of suppression and amplification. [Smile]

Posts: 218 | Location: Sand Hills of NC | Registered: 21 May 2002Reply With Quote