Notify
Tools

Utah Points question
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted
I have the following points for Utah?

Are they like Wyoming where I can apply for female species or is that a different points program?

Limited Entry Elk 5
Limited Entry Deer 5
Bison 5
Goat 5
Antelope 4
Sheep 5 each

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of boarkiller
posted Hide Post
Frame it and hang it on the wall?

" Until the day breaks and the nights shadows flee away " Big ivory for my pillow and 2.5% of Neanderthal DNA flowing thru my veins.
When I'm ready to go, pack a bag of gunpowder up my ass and strike a fire to my pecker, until I squeal like a boar.
Yours truly , Milan The Boarkiller - World according to Milan
PS I have big boar on my floor...but it ain't dead, just scared to move...

Man should be happy and in good humor until the day he dies...
Only fools hope to live forever
“ Hávamál”

Posts: 13376 | Location: In mountains behind my house hunting or drinking beer in Blacksmith Brewery in Stevensville MT or holed up in Lochsa | Registered: 27 December 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of touchdown88
posted Hide Post
The female species are in a different point system.

Posts: 345 | Location: Ogden, Utah | Registered: 13 November 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by boarkiller:
Frame it and hang it on the wall?

Probably all their worth.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by touchdown88:

I was afraid of that.

One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
I've been trying to get the Henry Mountian mulie tag for over 15 years now. Im 60, I should probably just go book cliffs and be done with it. Not too likely I will ever draw the Henrys tag.

AK-47
The only Communist Idea that Liberals don't like.

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wstrnhuntr:
I've been trying to get the Henry Mountian mulie tag for over 15 years now. Im 60, I should probably just go book cliffs and be done with it. Not too likely I will ever draw the Henrys tag.

I certainly would. One of my best deer hunts was there. Henry’s take too many points, as we know.

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Big Wonderful Wyoming:
quote:
Originally posted by touchdown88:

I was afraid of that.

Except for Bison and Mountain goat

Posts: 2663 | Location: Utah | Registered: 23 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
As Jason said, Mtn Goat and bison female permits fall under the same points as the males. 5 non res points is so low that your odds of drawing the best OIL tag vs the worst for the species is not relevant. Put in for the hunt you want and roll the dice. No reason to "play the odds" when the odds are not that different.

As for deer, elk, and pronghorn, again 5 points for males doesn't provide a statistical advantage in most cases. Late hunts or archery or muzzleloader may provide slightly better chances.

And a resident who has 15 Henry Mtns points will have to wait around 12 years for an archery tag, 25 years for muzzleloader and 60+ years for any weapon, unless other applicants ahead of him die or quit applying.

Posts: 788 | Location: Utah, USA | Registered: 14 January 2005Reply With Quote