Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Elk poached in IDAHO??
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted
I've seen this "herd shoot" mentality take over when living in Wyoming. Heavy snow would push elk down into the open areas at the base of the mountains and people would start shooting at them like there were a flock of pigeons. The elk get to running and end up in places they don't normally go in such numbers. Now with cell phones the local response would be even quicker. People bring their wives and kids so they could fill their tags.

Posts: 3276 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
this also ahppened a couple of years ago near lewistown at the foot of the little belts. i wasn't there, but i was in the same spot two weeks before and hadn't seen a single elk. apparently they were crossing from the snowies to the litle belts and got caught near the highway just outside of buffalo south of eddie's corner. dozens of "hunters" went nuts and just blazed away. i don't remember numbers, but i think the number of elk shot was phenomenal, nearly all were illegal in one way or the other.

kinda like a lynch-mob mentality, i guess.

Posts: 51246 | Location: Chinook, Montana | Registered: 01 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Flip
posted Hide Post
How can normal humans turn like this, but I have hard it before, this one guy told me about this believe that if you see a herd just shoot into it, you will hit an animal with a good shot without aiming, he was dead serious, I told him he must get his hear examined.

Posts: 931 | Location: Nambia | Registered: 02 June 2000Reply With Quote