THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Deer poacher sentenced to watch Bambi films!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Deer poacher sentenced to watch Bambi films!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Charlie64
posted

Deer poacher sentenced to watch Bambi films!

A poacher has been ordered to watch the Disney film Bambi repeatedly after he was convicted of illegally killing "hundreds" of deer.
Missouri hunter David Berry Jr must view the film at least once a month during his year-long sentence.
He was arrested in August along with two family members for killing the deer, taking their heads and leaving their bodies to rot, prosecutors said.
It is reportedly one of the biggest poaching cases in Missouri history.
On top of the jail sentence for the illegal deer hunting, Judge Robert George ordered Berry Jr to "view the Walt Disney movie Bambi, with the first viewing being on or before December 23, 2018, and at least one such viewing each month thereafter," during his spell in prison."

If it was not on BBC World News today I would find it hard to believe. In fact even being on BBC World News I find it hard to believe!!!!

"Up the ladders and down the snakes!"

Posts: 2288 | Location: South Africa & Europe | Registered: 10 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
There were 3 men, Bambi watching once a week during a year long jail sentence seems like the judge has a warped sense of humor and justice, I would love to fish with him for a couple of days. The three also paid over 200k in fines etc.

If you care to, Google him. If one were to rate poachers, these guys are the worse of the lot.

Posts: 289 | Location: Western UP of Michigan  | Registered: 05 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Saw this in the paper this morning. I think he should be required to write an apology or report as to what he learned and why he won't do it again.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote