New
Find
Notify
Tools

my wife's first buck
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
here's a shot of my wife's first buck (ok, not technically - she's shot 2 spikes in years past). its a young 8 point (either 2 1/2 or 3 1/2 years old). after hunting 1 1/2 months, she couldn't take it (holding out for something bigger) and pulled the trigger on this guy.
 -

she was using a custom Bullberry Encore barrell in .260 rem, using factory rem loads of 120 gr Nosler Ballistic Tips. first shot (at about 35 yards) took him just in front of the deer's right shoulder and exited just in front of the left hip (yes, this made a big mess inside). deer laid down, but got up a few minutes later when the rest of the deer decided to move on. so she shot him again - bullet entered the rear of the rib cage on the right side and exited through the left shoulder, breaking the left humerus. he fell over on the spot. after looking inside, I don't think he could have taken more than a few more steps, as the first shot ripped up one lung, the liver, the stomach, etc, and he was full of blood. the second (finisher) minced both lungs.
we were hunting on a ranch leased in Crockett County, TX (west of San Angelo).

Posts: 285 | Location: arlington, tx | Registered: 18 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice buck, congratulations.

Posts: 493 | Location: GEORGIA, U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tcencore260, tell her I said congrats on a mighty fine deer.
You better watch out cause she may do like my wife and start getting all the big'uns. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Posts: 268 | Location: God's Country, East Tex. USA | Registered: 08 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, that's a very respectable buck. Your wife should be proud.

Posts: 6545 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tell her nice deer. My wife got a nice one this year, I've trying to match her with a bow.

Posts: 1450 | Location: Dakota Territory | Registered: 13 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice Buck....She is shooting a great little rifle as well..Cant beat the 260 for Texas whitetails. Congrats to your Mrs's

[ 12-10-2002, 07:09: Message edited by: TwoSixty ]

Posts: 113 | Location: Hunter, Tx | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
Tell Mrs. Tcencore good shooting, thats a fine looking buck.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the Mrs. [Cool]

Posts: 77 | Location: Ohio | Registered: 02 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tell your wife---way to go---chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
You go, girl! Please extend my congratulations also. [Smile]

Posts: 19551 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Tell Momma, good going!!!

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote