THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Off-Topic, But I'm Getting Desperate

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Off-Topic, But I'm Getting Desperate
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have two buddies that you could not be worse than in the snoring department. I use ear plugs and have no problem. Furnish ear plugs for your sleeping mates and see what happens. Good sleeping

Posts: 2363 | Location: KY | Registered: 22 September 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Does anyone here know of a good snoring remedy? I'm getting kicked out of camp for snoring. And yes, it really is that bad.

thanks,

Okie John

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You could try "Breath Right Strips"! derf

Posts: 3450 | Location: Aldergrove,BC,Canada | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of browningguy
posted Hide Post
My wife uses a spray that she gets at Eckerds for snoring, doesn't completely eliminate it but certainly makes it more bearable.

Posts: 1242 | Location: Houston, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
john:
Ya probably don't want to hear this but I think you might seriously consider getting a check up for sleep apnia (sp?). If you're so bad that the guys are throwing you out of camp, you could have a real problem. No, I'm not a Dr. but I've been around people with the condition. If you do have it, it could be serious. Don't wanna scare ya & maybe an MD on the board here would chime in. Sure hope ya don't have it & I don't want to start something here but..... Good luck, Bear in Fairbanks

Posts: 1544 | Location: Fairbanks, Ak., USA | Registered: 16 March 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Let me know too if you find a solution. I'm worse. My brother almost got a different room where we were staying in Cortez because I'm so loud.

My wife just pinches my nose...makes me gasp...feels like I'm about to have a heart attack. She laughs and thinks it's cute.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have sleep apnea. Was diagnosed about 5 years ago. Basically, the snoring is caused by your soft palate relaxing into your throat. In extreme cases, it cuts off your breathing. When you stop breathing, your brain wakes you up to get you to breath. The end result is that you never completely fall asleep, so your brain doesn't get a proper rest.

When I was tested, it was determined that I stopped breathing about 46 times each hour. So I was waking up every time, not completely awake, but not getting to sleep enough for my brain to rest. It can eventually seriously affect your health.

In my case, I was given a CPAP (Constant Positive Air Pressure) machine. I wear a mask and it blows air into my nose, keeping my soft palate clear of my throat. Stops the snoring, and I sleep better. All you hear from the machine is a mild hum of the air compressor.

You need to go to a sleep clinic to have a full study done.

In some cases, losing weight can help. Not in my case. I've snored since I was a skinny kid.

Posts: 2921 | Location: Canada | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Go to an otolaryngologist and see if you are a candidate for somnoplasty.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Best suggestions noted. Go see an ENT doc. Get a sleep study. Not only does sleep apnea bother your sleeping partners it can kill you slowy with pulmonary hypertension and a host of other issues. That's my best curbside consult. All others I'll have to charge for.

Posts: 51 | Location: Utah | Registered: 29 September 2004Reply With Quote