THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Looking for Pronghorn Antelope Hunt 2020 or 2021

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for Pronghorn Antelope Hunt 2020 or 2021
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Giraffe Hunter
posted
Hello Everyone,
I am looking to book a rifle hunt for pronghorn antelope in 2020 or 2021. I am looking for any information regarding good areas and reputable outfitters. Are all antelope on a draw license or are there landowner permits that are available from outfitters?
I’m not looking for a world record just a respectable trophy hunt with a good chance of seeing and getting within range for a shot (hopefully no more than 300 yards). I prefer spot and stalk over blind hunting and I am in good shape to walk all day if needed.
Any information to get me started on planning this hunt would be very helpful and appreciated. Thank you.

Giraffe Hunter

Posts: 286 | Location: Corning, NY | Registered: 15 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give Alvin a call at 605 797 4539 if Montana would be an option.Tell him Randy sent you.

Posts: 520 | Location: North West South Dakota | Registered: 26 October 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of crshelton
posted Hide Post
Shot mine last fall in the Texas Panhandle up near the OK line in Rita Blanca Grasslands. Prairie was in great shape and so were the animals.

We used an outfitter based in Junction Texas and they have arrangements to buy landowner tags from several ranchers. They also do Taxidermy.
Pope Bothers Guide Service.

NRA Life Benefactor Member,
DRSS, DWWC, Whittington
Center,Android Reloading
Ballistics App at
http://www.xplat.net/

Posts: 2294 | Location: Republic of Texas | Registered: 25 May 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I've never hunted Wyo.
I used to truck thru lots of
the state. Just south of Cody
?+-50 miles to the W is a ridge
about 3/8mile. I walked on top
of it one spring and saw what had
to be more than a 1000 antelope
in a fawning grounds valley. Big
valley, miles long and over 2mi
wide. From that, I'd bet it would
be a dandy place to hunt.
I have no idea who to contact up
there, or their laws, draws or
such.

Practice shooting: prone, sitting,
sticks, bipod etc out to as far as
you can find a range to shoot. 300
isn't very far out here on the short
grass prairies. Know your loads,
gun and a range finder. Take water
and snacks in a small backpack. Never
know how long you might get out there.

Best of luck,
George

"Gun Control is NOT about Guns'
"It's about Control!!"
Join the NRA today!"

LM: NRA, DAV,

George L. Dwight

Posts: 6028 | Location: Pueblo, CO | Registered: 31 January 2006Reply With Quote