New
Find
Notify
Tools

A nice pig.
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
This fella came out from under a overhanging bank in a dried creek and tried to get away. We got two more about the same size. The rifle is my 6.5x55 Swedish Mauser
 -

Bakes

Posts: 8047 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bakes,

I would love a chance to stalk pigs like that! *S* What would a pig like that weigh?

Regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Pete
We don't weigh them, but I think he would go 70-80 kg at a guess. Thats about average for the area.

Bakes

Posts: 8047 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Bakes,

So will that guy end up in the pot? I read some where that in certain parts of Oz the pigs carry quite a lot of disease...is that true?

regards,

Pete

Posts: 5684 | Location: North Wales UK | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bakes,

Brilliant pig! Must have been good eating with 3 of them.

Congratulations.

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Pete
Down south the pigs are caught with dogs for human consumption. Up here in the tropics they can get a worm that live under the skin. You can only tell if they have it by skinning them. I'm told if you catch a pig in a trap and worm it every week for 6 weeks it will get rid of the worm. But why bother? Their a pest here so its open season on them, and if you come back to the carcus you can shoot a few more off it.

Bakes

one of us
Picture of Lorenzo
posted Hide Post
Man,I love pig hunting..just back from several days of hunting and NOTHING!!!not even a fresh track!!
Your's a good one, nice tusks!!
LG

Posts: 3085 | Location: Uruguay - South America | Registered: 10 December 2001Reply With Quote