THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Looking for a Gun Shop around Washington DC

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a Gun Shop around Washington DC
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I will be attending to a Seminar in Washington DC 6 and 7th march and have two days left. Is there any gun shop around Washington DC that is worth a visit? I'm Looking for optics and reloading stuff.

Thanks in advance

Leupoldo

one of us
posted Hide Post
Don't know how close they really are, but they are in MD.

Good folks, have bought a lot of gear from them.

Hendershots

Posts: 3563 | Location: GA, USA | Registered: 02 August 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Oday450
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fish30114:
Don't know how close they really are, but they are in MD.

Good folks, have bought a lot of gear from them.

Hendershots

Hendershots is a long drive into Western Maryland from DC.

There are no gun shops in DC, you may find some in the Maryland and Virginia Suburbs. Those few I have found on the Maryland side have little reloading stuff. Atlantic Guns has two shops - one in Silver Spring and one in Rockville. They usually have a fair supply of common guns and some reloading equipment and supplies.

The truth is that since the choices are few and Bay Country Guns in Annapolis is going out of business, I order almost all of my reloading gear and supplies over the internet.

There is a Bass Pro Shop close to the Baltimore airport (about an hour from downtown DC) that carries some powders and primers if they can keep them in stock, optics, and guns. There are also some large gun shops on the North side of Baltimore but that will be a two hour drive from downtown DC.

"Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult."

Posts: 1313 | Location: The People's Republic of Maryland, USA | Registered: 05 August 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Another grat place is "Green Top" just north of Richmond. It is on Rt 1 but jsut a mile off of Interstate 95. Well worth the 2 hour drive if you get a chance. Lots of used huns.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely agree about Green Top... although it's been so crowded since early Nov you have to be careful where you step... hmmm, wonder why?

If you're really hard up, there is also a Gander Mountain at the same exit as Green Top and a (relatively) brand new Bass Pro Shops an exit or two north of there, so closer to DC. The Bass Pro actually carries reloading supplies unlike some of the others I have been to.

Posts: 257 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 18 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you go West on 66 and make a few turns, Clark Brothers in Opal on 17, near Warrenton is a great shop. They have a range out back which is a nice feature.
Green Top has more guns and a good visit as well.
Whether you like him or not, Capstick used to go to Clark's back in his college days.
Bfly

Work hard and be nice, you never have enough time or friends.

Posts: 1195 | Location: Lake Nice, VA | Registered: 15 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you for all the information. I'm only looking for rel dies (300WSM, 338 Lapua, 50BNG) and factory crimp dies for 270WSM, 7,62x54R.
A power trimmer from forster with collets # 1,2,3,4. A limbsaver grind to fit medium and large. As I got a GPS navigator, I will probably visit all the shops you mentioned above.
Thanks again

Leupoldo

Picture of Whitworth
posted Hide Post
I live in Northern Virginia, and of all the above mentioned gun shops, I would suggest Clark Brothers for its proximity to DC.

"Ignorance you can correct, you can't fix stupid." JWP

If stupidity hurt, a lot of people would be walking around screaming.

Semper Fidelis

"Building Carpal Tunnel one round at a time"

Posts: 13440 | Location: Virginia | Registered: 10 July 2003Reply With Quote