THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: Pictures of locked elk for SkiBumplus3

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: Pictures of locked elk for SkiBumplus3
 Login/Join

posted
Instead of killing the animals why do they not cut the antlers and seperate them.

No knocking the fact that they were killed ot how they were killed but I have seem a few stories like this one and I was just wondering.

Posts: 21 | Location: Colorado! | Registered: 30 October 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm not totally sure, but I think these elk did die, if it is indeed the pic I'm thinkin' of--some confusion/misunderstanding on the rancher vs the game dept of Nevada--I never did hear the whole story, but they died locked together--I think the rancher wanted the horns or the heads to mount, if they had to be killed, and the NGF said no, so he didn't let them on the property to take care of the matter, so they died---I may be a little off, but that was the jist of it---chris

Posts: 304 | Location: San Francisco, CA, USA | Registered: 14 September 2002Reply With Quote
One Of Us
Picture of new_guy
posted Hide Post
I doubt that the rancher would have been able to keep them OFF of his property. Here in TX a Game Warden doesn't even need a search warrant to search your property, house, car, etc...

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
why would Nevada's DNR care if the rancher took the capes/antlers once they were dead?

I've never understood that. Are there any game wardens here on AR? OOPS. I guess if there were they'd probably want to remain anonymous.

What is up with that crap? Are game wardens dicks for the most part? I've only met a few but the ones I met were nice guys. OR, are they following strict state regulations? I've heard of a few wardens being down right assholes, and only because they are in a position that they CAN be. Doing one's job is different than acting like a jerk.

one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
Oh, hey, I was just kidding about killing them. You did read that right? That I did it with my bare hands...total joke.

I posted these pics for SkiBumplus3. I know nothing about them.

I know nothing of the outcome of these 2 bulls.