Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Looking for a guided black bear hunt
 Login/Join

posted
I am looking for a guided black bear hunt. Any recommendations on an outiftter?

Posts: 8 | Location: Bellevue, WA | Registered: 26 December 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
PM sent.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of GSSP
posted Hide Post
Check out Jack Atcheson & sons

406-782-2382 (office)

They seem to be trying to fill a Yacht-based bb hunt in Alaska. Price is reduced.

Posts: 1719 | Location: Utah | Registered: 01 June 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Doc
posted Hide Post
contact Ann on this site. She posts as Aspen Hill Adventures.

I've hunted with Deb Norton in NB. Her website is upperoxbow.com. I've hunted with Gene Plihal in Alberta. You can google him too. I also hunted just this past spring in BC with Roy Pattison...I think he is Sentinel Mountain Safaris.

Ted Kennedy's car has killed more people than my guns

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
Perhaps you need to be a bit more specific as to where you'd like to go, money willing to be spent, and what style of hunt you want. Good black bear hunts can be had in a very wide variety of locations in North America. You can hunt over bait, with dogs, horseback, ATV's, or from boats on tidal flats? Are you comfortable with $1500 or 3.5K plus some plane tickets? Spring or Fall? You want to eat lobster, boiled peanuts, denver omelettes, french dip sandwiches, walleye, or smoked salmon?

Your question is not too different than where to go on a good deer hunt. Please narrow it down.

UPDATE: You are in Washington. Vancouver Island, B.C., and Alaska are not that far away. You have a lot of options available to you close. My vote would go to for a boat-based costal bear hunt. Include some halibut fishing in the mix.

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
Check out the outfitter and discounted sales section. There seems to be a couple of threads over there now advertizing black bear hunts.

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
if i were you i would just go diy, out on the olympic pen. or go on the reservation guided hunt since they can still bait in wash.