New
Find
Notify
Tools

AOL strikes again
 Login/Join

<thomas purdom>
posted
This is really pissing me off! It seems that AOL has struck again, this time on HuntAmerica. When I log on to that site I get a "forbidden" note. I don't begrudge anyone their beliefs. I just don't want some butthead trying to sabatoge what I believe in and that is the right of every American to keep and bear arms. AOL apparently did the same thing on a gun auction site. When that site dumped AOL as a server and went to another site it is back on again. This really sucks! I wish there was a way to sue AOL for what they are allegedly doing. Tom Purdom

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thomas, I'm not going to try to defend AOL after some of the things they have done, but I believe this isn't an AOL problem. Several posters have reported having this problem and it isn't necessarily related to AOL.
The last time Marshall had a problem at huntamerica it was a hacker that got inside his system. I believe this is the same problem this time.
Hopefully, they will get it fixed and back operating soon. I also hope the other forums I frequent are watching so the same thing doesn't happen to them. Saeed, how is your protection these days? - Sheister

Posts: 385 | Location: Hillsboro, Oregon | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of HunterJim
posted Hide Post
Thomas,

I have an AOL account, and I just checked HuntAmerica.com, and they took me there without any error messages. It was slow, but I got there.

Maybe there is a problem elsewhere...jim

------------------
"if you are to busy to
hunt, you are too busy."

Posts: 4166 | Location: San Diego, CA USA | Registered: 14 November 2001Reply With Quote
<thomas purdom>
posted
If it is not AOL then I owe that company an appology for this particular problem. If it is a hacker, I will defend his or her rights to voice their opinions, but when they try to shove their opinions down my throat with B.S. such as this, enough is enough! Tom Purdom

one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
Thomas you don't owe AOL a thing!. Steve Case (the CEO)is a anti hunting anti second amendment Butt Head.

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8345 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
<CARR4570>
posted
After reading ya'll's postings I too tried to log on and got the same forbidden message. I don't even use AOL. My wife and I go through Time-Warner and use Roadrunner.

one of us
Picture of Ol Bull
posted Hide Post
I'm on aol and i was just there, no problem or delay

Posts: 1117 | Location: Helena, MT, USA | Registered: 01 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Bill Tompkins>
posted
Just for information, AOL/Time-Warner are one and the same company, they also own CNN, Headline News, etc.

Bill