Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho, MT. elk hunting
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of TJ
posted
My best friend just got screwed big time by an elk outfitter in Id. The guy took the full cost of the hunt in advance and then forgot to get the licenses/tags!
He gave him a free deer hunt. He accepted cause he had already bought the plane ticket. He just got back, never seen a deer or any elk tracks.
Does anyone know of a reputable outfitter/guide who does elk for a reasonable price?
By reasonable price, I mean something cheaper than an African hunt.
I appreciate any help.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Tell him to report the piece of $hit. We don't need guys like that in Idaho. Did he give you friend his money back and also a free hunt?
What was the name of the Outfitter? Ron

Posts: 986 | Location: Southern Idaho | Registered: 24 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TJ:
My best friend just got screwed big time by an elk outfitter in Id. The guy took the full cost of the hunt in advance and then forgot to get the licenses/tags!
He gave him a free deer hunt. He accepted cause he had already bought the plane ticket. He just got back, never seen a deer or any elk tracks.
Does anyone know of a reputable outfitter/guide who does elk for a reasonable price?
By reasonable price, I mean something cheaper than an African hunt.
I appreciate any help.

TJ-if you like PM me your phone number and I will give you a call. I some work booking hunts and could well help your friend out.

Another fella here Mark Young out of Wyoming does the same thing and you may be able to sort it out with him as well.

Make it your best day!

Mark D

Posts: 1089 | Location: Bozeman, Mt | Registered: 05 August 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
WHY would You send the FULL PRICE for a hunt??

I suggest Your buddy contact the County Attorney for the County where the CRIME occured. Here in MT we call that a "theft of services". And unless Your buddy paid only a few hudred bucks it's probably "FELONY theft of services".

'I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens"!

Curly Howard
Definitive Stooge

Posts: 350 | Location: Cascade, Montana | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of TJ
posted Hide Post
I don't know the name of the outfitter. He did apologize for the screw up and gave him a free deer hunt this year and another elk hunt next year. At least he tried to make it up.
This was my friends first guided hunt. He didn't know that the usual way was to pay 1/2 when booked and the final 1/2 when he got to the camp.
The $ amount was around $3000.

Posts: 948 | Location: Kenai, Ak. USA | Registered: 05 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
He could have went three times on his own and not needed a guide or outfitter. It isn't hard to do!

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote