New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Winter Hunting???
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I was wondering if you guys knew of any big game seasons for elk or mule deer that were open into the later part of Dec. and early Jan.? The reason I'm asking this is because I'm a college student and that's about the only time I would be able to plan a hunting trip other than the summer time. If you guys could point me in the right direction of some state that offers an open season during this time would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

I heal fast and don't scar.

Posts: 433 | Location: Monessen, PA | Registered: 23 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
New Mexico has some very late private land seasons. It also has some late seasons on Indian Reservations.

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Washington has late hunts, but they're draw only and the deadlines have passed for 2006. Texas has late hunts, and the license for hogs and exotics costs $25. States closer to you may offer similar hunts.

When I was in college I hunted small game with handguns on farms close to school but it wasn't the same as getting out for deer. Focus on graduating with decent grades so you can get a job that lets you hunt properly. Good luck.

Okie John

"The 30-06 works. Period." --Finn Aagaard

One of Us
posted Hide Post
tn has hog hunting year round! and some late deer hunting, bear the first part of december

http://www.gitrbayed.com
makeing bears and boars worst nightmare come true since 1990

Posts: 30 | Location: tennessee | Registered: 23 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Whitetail deer season runs to January 1 in North Carolina. In selected areas, black bear is open till January 1.

Posts: 109 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 22 October 2003Reply With Quote