THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    270 Wby. Remington Extended Range Ammo??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

270 Wby. Remington Extended Range Ammo??
 Login/Join

<Cope>
posted
Looking for some opinions on this ammo, specifically the 135gr load for my 270 Wby. Local shop has 5 boxes on sale($18/box) What type of bullet is this? How does it compare to the loads from PMC, Federal, and Wby. Anyone have a favorite factory load for deer? Thanks for the help.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Cope, I am a 270 weatherby mag lover too but don't think you will get much help for people here as I don't think they are very fond of it. There are some but not many here. For my 270 wby mag It loves factory 150 gr sp It shoots them great. I haven't even heard of them 135 grainers. But that don't mean much though. I just wonder if it can improve upon wby factory ammo? But for that price I would buy them all. I am going to have to try some different factory loads with mine and see what else it shoots good. Mine just shoots 150 gr sp so well I just didn't try anything else. I am not sure what bullet it is but most likely a hornady but don't count on it. Weatherby likes to use the hornadys for some good reason. They just plain shoot in my gun. But good luck to ya.

Brian

Posts: 119 | Location: NJ | Registered: 18 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi Cope: Cannot say anything about the 270 Wea. Remington loads, but I acquired ten boxes of the 257 Wea. Extended range ammo with a 122 gr bullet.They printed slightly over an inch at 100.
Don't know why they had to have a weird bullet weight on the Ext. ammo. I have shot two deer, one a doe at about 50 yds. and a 150 lb. field dressed buck at a slightly longer range and I don't believe either heard the shot. First factory ammo I have hunted with in years, but I'm pretty impressed so far...

Posts: 323 | Location: Keithville, La. USA | Registered: 14 February 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
tried some of the 7mm Wby Rem ammo and found it to be very accurate . I thought the bullets were a special run of boat tail corelok's. The brass is OK and I have reloaded it several times. Just a word of caution,the Rem cases are thicker walled than Wby cases and max loads will be 1 or 2 grs less than with Wby cases.

Posts: 2437 | Location: manitoba canada | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
<Caveman>
posted
They are JUNK. But, buy them for the brass...I did.