Find
Notify
Tools

Archery Antelope Hunt Recommendation
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Staley Keck
posted
I'm in the early stages of putting together an archery antelope hunt next year. I'm not looking for a huge goat as much as I'm looking for a solid chance at harvesting my 1st with a bow. I would appreciate any references good or bad from bow hunters. I'm pretty much open to any state as long as the overall price is fair.
Thanks for your help in advance!

Posts: 79 | Location: North Texas | Registered: 06 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Call Chad Smith at Vaquero outfitters in Chino Valley Az.

(When I was a kid my father used to tell me that God hated a coward, I finally realized he has even less use for a fool.)

Posts: 887 | Location: Northwest Az | Registered: 19 March 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of cooperjd
posted Hide Post
i had a great hunt in south dakota last year with cheyenne river outfitters. if interested i can get you a number. i missed 2 long shots on goats, but the only reason i came home empty handed was me. i had multiple opportunities on an early season hunt in one of the raniest summers ever. if you can, you want to go mid-september, during the rut. i went late august (due to schedule) and it is a much tougher hunt. i think it was about 2k + my license and tag, it is a guaranteed draw in southwestern SD near the WY and NE border. pm me if you want more details.

Posts: 783 | Location: Mt Pleasant, SC | Registered: 19 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went on an excellent antelope archery hunt with Phil Phillps. He ran an operation out of Maybell, Colorado. I do not know if he is still offering these hunts but it's worth checking out. You should have an excellent opportunity to kill an antelope with 12" horns.

Jim NRA member

Posts: 74 | Location: Southwest Pennsylvania | Registered: 30 January 2009Reply With Quote