THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Re: My Bigoted Hunting Experinece around Hmongs

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Re: My Bigoted Hunting Experinece around Hmongs
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
A knobhead is a knobhead is a knobhead regardless of race, national origin or religion. I have some experience with the Hmongs myself and have found them to be fine people. Their ways are not always ours, but I could point out other groups with their own wrinkles also( Jews, JW's, Somalians, etc.)
This guy Vang was obviously one of their loose cannons just as there are others running around. It would not surprise me if Vang did not stand trial...Some in the local Hmong community do not appreciate being embarrassed in this way I am sure...people have disappeared before.
As far as the SKS issue goes...I feel it is a marginally adequate deer round...but as far as being an affordable rifle...lets not split hairs...it is. BUT...I would rather see someone experiencing hunting with an SKS if that is all they have RATHER than not hunting at all. Our ranks are thinning with the next generation. Take someone out and show them the good points of hunting rather than sit at home and complain about the next generation not having manners.
My condolences to the families of all involved.

swede

Posts: 44 | Location: North Central ND | Registered: 21 December 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Turok:

I find your posting that indicates that you are sensitive about race or the word from the tone that you are not one of the White or Caucasian races. I gather as aboriginal you are speaking of Being Native Canadian ( as opposed to the term native American on our side of the border.).

Well in North America, racism exists, and it evidently means different things to different people. All I know is racist, bigot and a lot of derogatory terms are used against people who are born here and whose ancestory have been here for generations, by new immigrants, usually by third world people and the afro american crowd.

I am not going to debate the finer points of what it is to me or isn't as I am sure it will contradict with your view of it. If you are native Canadian or Indian, I am sure it is easy to view people like me as a racist. I am different than you and I am sure you view my people as persecuting your people. So I am dealing with a handicap from the start. Then again would that attitude be potentially racist toward white people because of what you feel was persecution of the Indians of North America?

seafire

Posts: 2889 | Location: Southern OREGON | Registered: 27 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

A knobhead is a knobhead is a knobhead regardless of race, national origin or religion. I agree with this, but the progressive group wants to make excusses for someone race and make the white man the bad guy.Everyone throughtout history has been enslaved or discriminated against.No race has had it so good as it is now in the USA,Kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Seafire,

The problem I see in your post, as well as others, is the application of �race�. You appear to decry bigotry, but then point out that the people shooting at you (which is incredibly STUPID � ID your target!!!), were speaking an Asian language (e.g. talking in an Asian Language and they just rattled off in Vietnamese or whatever they speak). Would you have pointed out that they were speaking English? Really now, what does speaking English have to do with hunting e.g. �If they don't speak English��?

This isn�t a �drop of the hat thing�, this comes from 500 years of discrimination as an aboriginal. Many people claim to understand what it�s like to be discriminated against, cry reverse discrimination, then turn around and post racist, misspelled remarks against all others who aren�t white, and or Arian.
Quote:

So experiences like this make me a Bigot? or a Racist?

No but dichotomising people into �they, their, them� and �us� does. There is no innate �race� in hunting. I don�t understand WHY you, or any of the other bigoted posts would bring something like that into it. Learn what it means to be a bigot. Learn what it means to be a racist. To give you a hint, it has everything to do with pointing out the nationality of people when you talk.

Turok

Posts: 219 | Location: Prince George, B.C | Registered: 07 March 2001Reply With Quote