New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hunting in Argentina
 Login/Join

<Clint>
posted
[Big Grin] I will be in Argentina for a Christmas time visit with some friends (late Dec - early Jan). [Frown] At this point I do not have any idea of what time I may have to hunt, but I am interested in a couple of days for big game. I realize this is not the formula for success on high scoring trophies, but I am going to be in Argentina for other reasons. The thought of coming home without spending a day or two exploring game filled wilderness is sinfull. The game sought is not really important, it is the thrill of the hunt, rifle in hand, and the possibility of a LEGITIMATE trophy that excite the senses. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Any experienced thoughts, hints, etc. would be appreciated.

Safe Hunting,

Clint

one of us
posted Hide Post
Clint: you�ll be here (you don�t say where) too early for the red stag season and too late for ducks and partridges. Doves are pests and can be hunted the whole year in some places. Wild boar hunting can also be had, and exotics are also available.
Please contact Gustavo Gim�nez of GMG (look at the following site: www.cazarenargentina.com) or contact me. I�m in Buenos Aires and can help to provide further informations.
Regards

Posts: 1020 | Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina | Registered: 21 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nainital has it right I think. Too early for stags, probably too hot for most of the game. I hunted down there last year. Get started real early on your gun permits. Got to get them from the consulate that serves your area. I went with Jorge Noya - a good operator - and had a great hunt for Asian Buff and Black Buck. You can probably hunt them in the mid summer while you're there. Contact him at his web http://www.cazaysafaris.com.ar/ or e-mail my friend down there, Gonzalo Beruti at gdb@shbbs.com.ar
Good luck, hope you have a great time. Beautiful country and very nice people.

Posts: 937 | Location: Roswell, NM | Registered: 02 December 2002Reply With Quote