New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lucky of Unlucky? (Pictures Added)
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have a cow elk tag that I have been trying to fill, but since the season opened I have not seen one cow in the area I am hunting. I did have a raghorn bull at 15 yards on opening weekend, and then last weekend I saw these guys. I can't decide if I am the luckiest or unluckiest SOB out there.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3517 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted Hide Post
That one bull is very nice for a Shiras.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He towered over the other smaller one. In the first picture they were centered in the frame and sparring, but the big guy pushed the smaller one behind the tree before I took the picture.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What beautiful moose! Nice to see Wyoming has a few left.

ddj

The best part of hunting and fishing was the thinking about going and the talking about it after you got back - Robert Ruark

Posts: 966 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 10 June 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
We were sheep hunting for 5 full days and never seen a deer or an elk. Sheep, one pine marten, and couple of squirrels is all we seen! It was kind of bizzare.

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I made three scouting trips before the season and saw cows on two of the trips, but since I have been hunting I have not seen a single cow. So far I have logged a little over 26 miles on foot by my gps in four days of hunting. I am going to try again this weekend, then that is the last of my bow hunting this season.