Tools

Hey Boo Boo!!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted
Folks,

Well I'm of to hunt Yogi on Friday.

I was at a Safari Club dinner last winter and unexpectedly purchased a Spring bear hunt in Idaho for U.S.$1000. The deal include U.S.$500.00 in taxidermy fees.

The outfitter called me a couple of months ago and asked me if I'd like to move it up to this Fall. I asked if he thought that the bears would be in good shape and he assured me that they would. So since Oregon decided that they didn't want me to hunt in my chosen areas this year (didn't draw squat), I decide to go for it.

Supposed to be many color phase bears where were hunting.

I should be back on the following Friday, but have to get ready to leave for a N.M. Antelope the next weekend.

I'll do a write up and post any pictures when I get back next week, if I've got the time. Otherwise I'll write it and the antelope hunt when I get back from N.M.

Wish Me Luck!!

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Kill a big one! [Big Grin]

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
All the best for a successful hunt.

What rifle will you use?

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
mrlexma,

I'll be using my tang safety M77 in 30-06.

Also bringing my pre '64 375 as a back-up in case the '06 has issues. I really doubt that I'll need it as the '06 hasn't ever let me down. But I don't want to take a chance on rifle issues.

Thanks for asking!

-Steve

Posts: 2781 | Location: Hillsboro, Or-Y-Gun (Oregon), U.S.A. | Registered: 22 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve
posted Hide Post
We'll I made it back and unfortunatly Yogi remains living happily with Boo Boo and Mister Ranger.

Had a great time, however. I posted a full report in the Hunting Reports forum, Idaho Bear Hunt - Korrel Outfitters .

-Steve

one of us
posted Hide Post
Glad you made it back safely-hope you ahd a good hunt-bruins are my favorites by far. I have a hunt to guide starting about a week from now...

Can't wait Can't wait

"GET TO THE HILL"

Dog

Posts: 879 | Location: Bozeman,Montana USA | Registered: 31 October 2001Reply With Quote