New
Find
Notify
Tools

I've been published!!!
 Login/Join

Picture of Bakes
posted
I've just had my first article published in an Aussie hunting mag (Sporting Shooter for those Aussies that read this, August edition)I should get around the $200 (I hope) mark for it....not enough to quit working but, it will go towards my .416 Rigby [Big Grin]

Bakes

Posts: 8052 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of boilerroom
posted Hide Post
Congrats! [Big Grin]

Can you post it on here for us or would that be against copy right?

Maybe someone else can post it after it's on the stands.

Good luck with your next article.

Posts: 4326 | Location: Under the North Star! | Registered: 25 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good on ya! [Big Grin]

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bakes, Good job, I've tried a couple of halfhearted attempts, so far I've only been able to get a couple local hunting journals to print. I hope this works out for you. I'll ask also, anyway you can get the article on here?
Joe

Posts: 185 | Location: ohio | Registered: 13 June 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Bakes

Well done. I have to check whether that is the latest edition that I have. How many years did it take between acceptance and publishing? [Big Grin]

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Guys I don't know if I can post the article, I'll look into it.

Nitro
It took about 14 months. I had another article knocked back as they had other similar articles to publish. At the moment I'm working on a "Hunting in the Territory" article with a slight twist.

Bakes

Posts: 8052 | Location: Bloody Queensland where every thing is 20 years behind the rest of Australia! | Registered: 25 January 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Congrats Bakes! What was the subject matter?

Posts: 10169 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey, congratulations and I hope this is just the start for you.

Posts: 1361 | Location: congress, az us | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Wstrnhuntr
Its about a pig hunting trip with a mate of mine and his son.

Bakes

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Way to go, Bakes! [Smile] Maybe when it comes out someone can scan the article and post it here for those of us on the far side of the pond to read.

Posts: 19563 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As Sporting Shooter is my least favourite mag I'll buy it to see your article. Alway's thought they needed new blood.

Posts: 85 | Location: Australia | Registered: 30 October 2002Reply With Quote
<WyomingSwede>
posted
Congratulations sir...you have fulfilled a secret desire for about 95% of the people on this forum. Congrats on your achievement.

swede

Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
WyomingSwede
Mate it was fairly easy,I just sat down at the computer one weekend and before I knew it 2000 words had spilled out, I've found the hardest part to be the photography, but I'm getting better at that. As I said the second one got knocked back but I'll keep plugging away. A couple of hundred bucks for a few hours in front of the computer writing about something I love doing, I'll take that [Big Grin] .

And I just like to say thanks to you guys (and Girl) who have offered me their Congratulations. Nice to get a show of support from people I only know through an internet site [Big Grin]

Thanks again

Bakes

One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Congrats! I only wish I could read it.

Best wishes for more of the same.

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

I have published a few articles over the years but my only one on guns (an amateurish one to tell my countrymen what they are missing thanks to our laws) published in 1998 is one of my favourite ones.

Here's hoping that we get to read your piece and that you publish many more - after the joy of a successful hunt, writing about it must be the icing on the cake! [Smile]

Posts: 2717 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bakes, My heartiest congratulations. Keep up the good work, we need all the GOOD writers we can get unlike a lot of what's out there now. [Big Grin]

Posts: 2092 | Location: Canada | Registered: 25 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well done Bakes,

I will get it this weekend !! [Smile]

Posts: 7505 | Location: Australia | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
congraulations! [Smile]

Posts: 345 | Location: Michigan | Registered: 09 February 2003Reply With Quote
Picture of Bakes
posted Hide Post
Folks
I have recived permission to post the article. I'll get in touch with NitroX and see what we can come up with.

Bakes

One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post
Bakes

No problem. I have your article here. Bought the magazine today and will see about getting it loaded up for you. Will wait for your email though.

Posts: 10138 | Location: Wine Country, Barossa Valley, Australia | Registered: 06 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of NitroX
posted Hide Post