Find
Notify
Tools

Elk hunt with Hiland Outfitters
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of BigB
posted
Went on a guided hunt with Hiland Outfitters in the Southern Big Horns of Wyoming for elk. Got a 5X6 or 6X7 if you count the little kickers it had. Tom and his girl friend Teri did the guiding and it was a great fun hunt. I am not the best in the mountains as I have artificial leg, knee and a few other difficulties. Tom and Teri worked hard and found this guy on day 4 and he was too good for me to pass up.

Used a Rem 700 .270 Win and 130 Accubonds. Shot was about 315 yards, he never really moved after
the first shot, but did not want to drop sot shot him a few times just for good measure. If any one is looking for a great WY elk hunt I can assure you a great time with Hiland. Good food, lodging and hospitality.

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Highlander7
posted Hide Post
Congrats on your hunt! Looks like you overcame all your difficulties on a nice elk!

MSG, USA (Ret.) Armor
NRA Life Memeber

Posts: 596 | Location: Chester County, PA. | Registered: 09 February 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
congrats on you hunt. the difficulties we must overcome make the results that much sweeter.

One of Us
Picture of Venandi
posted Hide Post
Nice bull! I've gone on 2 antelope hunts with Hiland. Tom and Teri are great people. Had a wonderful time and with their help I was successful despite some health and mobility issues.

No longer Bigasanelk

Posts: 584 | Location: Central Wisconsin | Registered: 01 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of dukxdog
posted Hide Post
Nice bull!

GOA Life Member
NRA Benefactor Member
Life Member Dallas Safari Club
Westley Richards 450 NE 3 1/4"

Posts: 864 | Location: Idaho/Wyoming/South Dakota | Registered: 08 February 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Congrats on a nice Elk!!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4372 | Location: NE Wisconsin | Registered: 31 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Byron, Teri found us some birds for next year!

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bigasanelk:
Nice bull! I've gone on 2 antelope hunts with Hiland. Tom and Teri are great people. Had a wonderful time and with their help I was successful despite some health and mobility issues.

Thanks Bill, Hope to have you back.

Tom Kessel
Hiland Outfitters, LLC (BG-082)
Hiland, Wyoming
www.hilandoutfitters.com

Posts: 402 | Location: Central Wyoming | Registered: 14 March 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rather-B-Huntin
posted Hide Post
Congratulations on your bull!

I've hunted with Tom and the Hiland crew several times. Always return with a new trophy and great memories. Looking forward to my next adventure with them.

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded emotional and sexual maturity".

Posts: 258 | Location: Winfield, WV | Registered: 06 August 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Fury01
posted Hide Post
The best man I ever knew when the chips were down, left a leg behind in combat, went on to work High Steel for a decade just to prove he could and never quit on anything, including jumping out of airplanes, until his heart stopped. I am happy to see you have preserved as well. Keep it up!

"The liberty enjoyed by the people of these states of worshiping Almighty God agreeably to their conscience, is not only among the choicest of their blessings, but also of their rights."
~George Washington - 1789

Posts: 2135 | Location: Where God breathes life into the Amber Waves of Grain and owns the cattle on a thousand hills. | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello Byron
Congratulations on your successful elk hunt. Couldn't happen to a nicer person. tu2

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Congrats to the hunter and the guide as well!

JPK

Free 500grains

Posts: 4900 | Location: Chevy Chase, Md. | Registered: 16 November 2004Reply With Quote