Find
Notify
Tools

AZ Draw Results Available
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Outdoor Writer
posted
The drawing results for elk and antelope in AZ are now available, either by phone or online.

Call 602-942-3000 or log into

http://www.azgfd.gov/eservices/draw.shtml

and click on the "View 2010 Spring Draw Results" under the 2010 SPRING DRAW RESULTS heading.

Tony Mandile - Author "How To Hunt Coues Deer"

Posts: 3269 | Location: Glendale, AZ | Registered: 28 July 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nada for me, Tony..
But I kind of expected that with the tag I drew last year.

Posts: 2163 | Registered: 13 February 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Scotty,

I didn't draw either. So another point for each. I'm now up to 9 for elk and lopes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm the same as Scottyboy, no luck. But I drew early rifle bull last year, so not a surprise. 11 points now for goats!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron,

Goats are overrated. LOL

Posts: 3456 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: 17 January 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Late season Unit 8 bull elk with my hunting partner. Had this tag 3 years ago by myself, and am really looking forward to it. My son will go along as packer again!

Posts: 1517 | Location: Idaho Falls, Idaho | Registered: 03 June 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of 458Lottfan
posted Hide Post
I don't know what happened this year but nearly everyone I know drew. I drew my second choice. The limited opportunity rifle any elk dates are Nov 5 - Dec 9 to many units in this hunt to list. First choice was 11M archery. I know 8 guys that drew. I was told that the number of applicants was down by around 20%. I only had 2 points. My last hunt was Sept 2008 rifle in 4B. Shot a nice 6X6.

Posts: 583 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 08 May 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Elk-antelope draw complete, results now available
394 permits remaining for first-come, first-served

PHOENIX – The 2010 drawing for Arizona elk and antelope hunt permit-tags has been completed, and the 118,806 applicants can now visit the Arizona Game and Fish Department’s Web site at www.azgfd.gov/draw or call (602) 942-3000 to see if they have been drawn. Be prepared to provide your department identification number, plus your birth date to access your specific draw information.

The number of applicants in 2010 experienced a slight increase of about 1,000 compared to 2009.

Hunt-permit tags will be mailed out to successful applicants no later than April 23. Refunds for unsuccessful applicants (minus the application fee) will be mailed out no later than April 23 to the person shown as “Applicant A” on the application form.

Any licenses requested via the draw application process, regardless of draw success, are scheduled to be mailed out prior to April 23.

Leftover tags

Game and Fish officials said there are 394 leftover big game tags (different permit types) for first-come, first-served with applications being accepted by mail-only on or after 8 a.m. April 26. The department has posted the leftover permits and their associated hunt numbers at www.azgfd.gov/draw.

There is one general antelope permit and three archery antelope permits. There are three general bull elk permits remaining (Units 4A and 5A). There are 11 general antlerless tags available, as well as 266 Limited Opportunity General Antlerless Elk Tags, plus there are 32 Limited Opportunity General Any Elk tags.

There are also 16 permits for archery-only bull elk and eight permits for archery-only antlerless elk.

If any tags remain following the process for first-come, first-served by mail only, they will become available for purchase over-the-counter at the seven Game and Fish offices across the state after 8 a.m. on May 3.

For those who qualify, there are military hunts available at Camp Navajo. For more information, contact Camp Navajo at 1-928-773-3306 or at www.campnavajo.com.

one of us
posted Hide Post
My daughter and I drew antlerless 5bs dec.
She got her cow last year in 5bn. It was a great hunt, hard( for me) but great(first hunt with my prosthetic leg) learned a lot.
coues

Posts: 337 | Location: flagstaff az | Registered: 16 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
No antelope or elk tag for me again. This crap is getting old. I haven't dawn for a goat in 31 years now and it's been 6 years since i go an elk tag. Piss on AZ, I can get a goat hunt in New Mexico again from the same outfitter and he also has a very reasonable cow elk hunt. Well at least it's cheap enough I can swing it.
Bull elk,well you'd best have a Bill Gates type of income. Now if I can get some of these damn credit card bills paid off. I had to spring for some repairs on the roof of the house and my shed after a storm we had a while back. I hate this unexpected stuff.
Paul B.

Posts: 2814 | Location: Tucson AZ USA | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Slowpoke Slim
posted Hide Post
Nope,

Skunked again.

Si tantum EGO eram dimidium ut bonus ut EGO memor

Posts: 1146 | Location: Bismarck, ND | Registered: 31 August 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I drew 7 West early archery! I had 9 points. Can't wait! If anyone has suggestions/info that they wouldn't mind passing along I would be very appreciative. Don't know if I will ever draw an Arizona elk tag again the way the point creep is going.