THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    A little artwork to add to the bear fever.

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A little artwork to add to the bear fever.
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I've noticed there's quite a bit of talk of bear hunting lately. It's that time of year and most of us bear hunting fanatic's are chomping at the bit waiting for the first signs of spring and for bear season to open. It's amazing how long the months are between now and bear season, but we will survive. Anyway some of you already know me, but for those of you that don't, I love to hunt bears and I'm also an artist. I thought maybe some of you might enjoy seeing my latest drawing which is on it's way to Bear Hunting Magazine. For those of you that already subscribe to Bear Hunting Magazine consider this a sneak preview. Hope some of you enjoy this anyway.

Posts: 210 | Location: Montana | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
<DavidP>
posted
Big Sky,
Wow, Great drawing! You've got a fine talent. Thanks for sharing it.

------------------
Good Hunting & Hunt Safe,
David

<Don G>
posted
Very Nice!

I remember your drawings from three years ago. Good to have you aboard!

Don

<X-Ring>
posted
Big Sky
Fellow Montanan! Welcome to the forums.
As for your art work. WOW that is breath taking. Your detailing is great.
X-Ring AKA Scooter

------------------
Praise the Lord, and pass the ammunition!

If your living like there is no HELL, you better be right!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Great picture!

Posts: 544 | Location: Sweden | Registered: 27 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of D Humbarger
posted Hide Post
EXCELLENT WORK! Thank you for showing it here.

------------------
NRA Life member

Posts: 8346 | Location: Jennings Louisiana, Arkansas by way of Alabama by way of South Carloina by way of County Antrim Irland by way of Lanarkshire Scotland. | Registered: 02 November 2001Reply With Quote
<ovis>
posted
Welcome and thank you for sharing your fine work with us. I hope we'll get to see some more.

<Hutt>
posted
A talent that I wish I had, beautiful work!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Thank you one and all. I'm glad some of you are enjoying it. It wouldn't be any fun to be able to create this stuff if folks like you didn't like it.

one of us
posted Hide Post
HI,

BIG SKY,that is beautiful work,you have skills,Thanks ,kev

Posts: 1002 | Location: ALASKA, USA | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of R-WEST
posted Hide Post
Big Sky -
From someone who cannot draw a line without a ruler, I hope you appreciate what a talent you've been blessed with. Incredible detail.
R-WEST

Posts: 1483 | Location: Windber, PA | Registered: 24 January 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow, Big Sky, that truly is a beautiful drawing. I'm going to buy a spring bear tag this year, and am wondering what kind of tips you have for an up and coming bear hunter. For example, who do you talk to, to find the bears? How do you scout for them, etc. any info will be appreciated.

------------------
God Bless and Shoot Straight

Posts: 264 | Location: Big Sky Country, MT | Registered: 12 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
the444shooter. Your first call should be to the game biologist over the area you plan to hunt. He/she will be a great source of information. Go to the local sporting goods/gun store in the general area you want to hunt and ask about the bear hunting prospects in the area. There's bound to be a couple local experts (some are, some think they are) that can get you pointed in the right direction. Last but not least go as much as you can and concentrate most of your glassing/looking in the afternoon. What part of Montana are you planning on trying to find a bear?

one of us
posted Hide Post
I'm planning on hunting down here in Southeast/Southcentral MT, in the Stillwater valley...There are no sporting goods stores around here (Columbus), so there are none of "those" experts per se, but I do know some people with honeybees...so I'm sure I can get some information from them. Since you're montana hunter, what other tips can you give me? Since you have a better understanding what the bears here are like. Glad you could make it over to this forum, and I'll pbly see you around on 24hour!

------------------
God Bless and Shoot Straight

Posts: 264 | Location: Big Sky Country, MT | Registered: 12 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of loud-n-boomer
posted Hide Post
Big Sky:

I saw your artwork on the Big Game Hunting forum of Accurate Reloading. I am
editing the Acurate Reloading Africa Book, and could use a drawing or two if
you are interested. Let me know, and I will give you details of the overall
subject matter.

Dave "loud-n-boomer" Bieber

dbieber@innercite.com

Posts: 3818 | Location: Eastern Slope, Colorado, USA | Registered: 01 March 2001Reply With Quote
<buffalo_buster>
posted
Big sky

Great Work! Beautiful picture.

I have just one question for you. How did you find such a patient bear to model for you?

<LiMe>
posted
I am startin to realize that my teather maybee wasn�t so wrong about my painting skills!

one of us
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Thanks for shareing it.

Posts: 400 | Location: Murfreesboro,TN,USA | Registered: 16 January 2002Reply With Quote