Find
Notify
Tools

MLB Network - Costas
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted
Below is the text of an email I just sent to MLBNetworkPR@mlb.com and to mlbnviewerfeedback@mlb.com

Some may wish to express their concern, as well.

" I have been a baseball fanatic since I was a boy playing Little League ball (that was 40years ago). I was ecstatic when the MLB Network was added to my cable package - I could watch baseball every day! Today, in preparation for enjoying my regularly-scheduled viewing of the Saturday afternoon ballgame telecast on your network, I tuned in early and watched a Bob Costas interview of Dallas Greene.

Try to imagine my dumbfounded reaction when Mr. Costas looked into the camera and accused me of having a gun "fetish", and informed me that I have no need to own a semi-automatic rifle or handgun! Really?!? On a baseball channel?

I am little concerned that Mr. Costas does not support the freedoms guaranteed by the Second Amendment; some folks do not. My concern is that the MLB Network, and by default the MLB family, has provided Mr. Costas with a very public soapbox and is providing him a salary to offend rabid baseball fans. I watch your network to enjoy baseball; not to be attacked. From my perspective as a customer, this is unacceptable.

This is my notice that I will vote with my remote. I will remove the MLB Network from my Favorite Channels and will no longer view your lineup. I will make my decision known to my friends and to some of your sponsors.

Respectfully,
"

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
It's not the first time he has done this

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Wendell Reich
posted Hide Post
Correct, it isn't his first offense. he's a gun hater.

Good that you sent the email. Will it do anything? Maybe if enough are sent.

Posts: 6265 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 13 July 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JBrown
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Wendell Reich:
Correct, it isn't his first offense. he's a gun hater.

Good that you sent the email. Will it do anything? Maybe if enough are sent.

I've seen that idiot speak out against guns in the past. Maybe it is time to follow Antler's lead.

Jason

"You're not hard-core, unless you live hard-core."

Hunting in Africa is an adventure. The number of variables involved preclude the possibility of a perfect hunt. Some problems will arise. How you decide to handle them will determine how much you enjoy your hunt.

Just tell yourself, "it's all part of the adventure." Remember, if Robert Ruark had gotten upset every time problems with Harry
Selby's flat bed truck delayed the safari, Horn of the Hunter would have read like an indictment of Selby. But Ruark rolled with the punches, poured some gin, and enjoyed the adventure.

-Jason Brown

Posts: 6836 | Location: Nome, Alaska(formerly SW Wyoming) | Registered: 22 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It would be a good idea to send the same message to your cable or satellite provider. They are the ones who can really put the pressure on the channels they carry.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3507 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Antlers
posted Hide Post
That's a good idea; will do.

Antlers
Double Rifle Shooters Society
Heym 450/400 3"

Posts: 1990 | Location: AL | Registered: 13 February 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lhook7:
It would be a good idea to send the same message to your cable or satellite provider. They are the ones who can really put the pressure on the channels they carry.

+1

I just did.

Go Duke!!

Posts: 1289 | Location: Texas | Registered: 25 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Anjin
posted Hide Post
Bob Costas is a very knowledgeable sportscaster, whom I have enjoyed since his St. Louis radio talk show in the early 1980s. However, I have always considered him to be a strictly indoor, big city guy.

I do not appreciate his opinions about politics or social issues, where he shows his ignorance. He should just stick to sports.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer back in the US after 25 years and, having met a few of the bad guys and governments here and around the world, now focusing on private trusts that protect wealth from them. NRA Life Member for 50 years, NRA Endowment Member from 2014, NRA Patron from 2016.

Posts: 554 | Location: Sandia Mountains, NM | Registered: 05 January 2011Reply With Quote