New
Find
Notify
Tools

Colorado Deer Hunting - 2013!
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Folks - Just thought I would post some of our 2013 Deer Hunting success here in Colorado. We still have a couple weeks left in the season, including the December Rifle hunts - but its been fun so far.

First off is a great muley I took myself, just last week. Public Land - DIY hunt, with my buddy Patrick Montgomery along to help.

Colorado Muley - 193" Gross

The pics below are all from our client's hunts in eastern Colorado over the past 6-7 weeks. I haven't received all the pics yet, but I have received some good ones.

I guided a couple of hunts - usually I guide just 2-3 weeks now, and whitetail only. As I have several repeat clients each year - and I really enjoy chasing open country whitetails.

First for me was the owner of YETI COOLERS - Ryan Seiders. He hunts muzzleloader with me every year, and this guy is a whitetail fanatic. David Morris - BUCKS OF TECOMATE, and his buddy David Shashy do the rifle/whitetail hunt with me every year as well.

Our biggest whitetail this year so far - 217" B&C.

Our biggest muley so far this year - 199" B&C.

Guys - My computer is going goofy, so I will attached the remaining pics in a few minutes.

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
303-619-2872: Cell
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

Posts: 4885 | Location: Boise, Idaho | Registered: 05 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Folks - As you can see, some of these are archery hunts too. Fact is, we still have another buck on of our ranches that's roughly 210" - 215", but there's no December rifle hunt in that unit. We do however have 1 more archery hunter who starts his hunt starts tomorrow. He's hunting with Patrick - and he's the best! So hopefully we can get him.

We also have a mid 180's buck there too, but he's only 4.5 yrs old - so we have put him off limits. One of our bow hunter's was not thrilled with that, but we simply won't shoot a buck unless we feel like he's at least 5.5 yrs old, or more.

HERE'S THE 217" WHITETAIL - A TOTAL FREAK!!!

Aaron Neilson
Global Hunting Resources
globalhunts@aol.com
www.huntghr.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Damn nice deer Aaron!

Posts: 12019 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Great bucks, obviously.........I never get tired of big muley bucks. Nice work Aaron.

Posts: 2276 | Location: West Texas | Registered: 07 December 2011Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of graybird
posted Hide Post
I've been looking forward to this thread! The bucks look even more impressive on the computer!!!

Congrats, buddy!!!

Graybird

"Make no mistake, it's not revenge he's after ... it's the reckoning."

Posts: 3722 | Location: Okie in Falcon, CO | Registered: 01 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Those are some impressive racks Aaron! Nice and off to a good start for the year!
Congrats.

Posts: 4214 | Location: Southern Colorado | Registered: 09 October 2011Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted Hide Post
Great bucks but some of the pics actually take away fron the great animal by placing the rack and the hunter to far appart

Like I said though.....great deer especially your Pike deer

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Use Enough Gun
posted Hide Post
Damn Aaron, some monsters! tu2 Love those Mulies! tu2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quite a season Congrats tu2

Posts: 2141 | Location: enjoying my freedom in wyoming | Registered: 13 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Wow! Great deer.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12596 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
Really great looking bucks. Congratulations to all the successful hunters.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Brian Clark
posted Hide Post
Great deer as always Aaron. You continue to amaze me on the consistent quality year after year. Keep up the great work.

Thanks!

Brian Clark

Blue Skies Hunting Adventures
www.blueskieshunting.com
Email at: info@blueskieshunting.com

African Cape Trophy Safaris
www.africancapesafaris.com
Email at: brian@africancapesafaris.com

1-402-689-2024

Posts: 1013 | Location: Nebraska | Registered: 30 August 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Aaron

Job WELL done!

Skip Nantz

Posts: 539 | Location: SouthEast, KY | Registered: 09 May 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice deer indeed, but I was more amazed at how much Colorado looks just like Kansas.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As usual Aaron. one of my favorite post of the year, right here. The country is not much for looks but the deer makes up for it.

Doug McMann
www.skinnercreekhunts.com
ph# 250-476-1288
Fax # 250-476-1288
PO Box 27
Tatlayoko Lake, BC
Canada
V0L 1W0
email skinnercreek@telus.net

Posts: 1227 | Location:  | Registered: 21 April 2008Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Love that DIY Mulie.. Congrats..

One of Us
Picture of ghostbird
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of bone. Congratulations to all!

--------------------------------------------
National Rifle Association - Life Member
National Wild Turkey Federation - Diamond Life Sponsor
Pope & Young Club - Associate Member

Posts: 561 | Location: North Alabama, USA | Registered: 14 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Josh K.
posted Hide Post
Those are some outstanding deer! The WT bucks judt have awesome mass!

Josh

Posts: 362 | Location: St.Louis Mo | Registered: 15 December 2005Reply With Quote