New
Find
Notify
Tools

WY Resident Tags
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I'm moving to WY this summer and I'm excited to finally be living in a state with real big game opportunities.

Which species are tags available for OTC or with very good draw odds?

Posts: 296 | Location: Oregon | Registered: 17 June 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the nonresident draw for deer and antelope is open until the end of May. You can purchase a leftover elk license, probably only cow, otc and I believe that happens in July. You will need to do it on line and they will all be gone in the first 20 minutes. That is what I did my first year here.

You won't be a resident by the time of next year's draw, but after you hit the one year mark, you will be able to purchase general deer and elk tags otc before the 2017 season starts.

"Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life." Terry Pratchett.

Posts: 3519 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 25 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Check out the Wyoming G&F website, as there is a wealth of information on all the units for each animal, season dates, draw odds for residents and NRs, etc.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Rich-,

I just moved from Cody,WY to Vegas. If I had moved to Cody instead of Alaska back in '82 I might not have ever gone to Alaska. If you get to know some of the locals and folks with some land or access to it you'll be in hunting paradise. Three elk are possible with only one being a draw. You can kill one buck deer mule or whitetail with whitetail doe tag unlimited sometimes. Two buck antelope and bunch of does can also be done. Of course the drawing chances are not great but you also have a chance at bighorn sheep and moose. Cougars are doable if you know guys with dogs and black bear are around in the hills. Wolves are bound to open pretty soon and possibly grizzly. You couldn't be moving to a better state for hunting.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Wow, what a change from Cody to Vegas!

One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
WTF made you move to Vegas?!?

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Guys,

It's the weather. It's 70 degrees today with a light breeze. I lived in Maine w/cold wet snow then Alaska with long winters, 40 below and shit loads of snow lastly in Cody that basically has 7 months of gray skies and WIND. Vegas is feeling pretty good. I do most of my hunting with people I represent these days so the local stuff is not so important. Also the SCI show is right here saving me serious money.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I wouldn't be able to do it but as long as you're happy that's all that matters. Hard to believe you let JR run you off Big Grin

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Big Wonderful Wyoming
posted Hide Post
I have lived all over the world, but grew up within 100 miles of Yellowstone. Even though I am only 41, 7 months of shitty weather is hard to deal with.

I have health problems, but I'd still rather live in Wyoming or Montana than about anyplace in the lower 48. As my age gets longer I might think West Texas or Arizona is more to my liking.

Posts: 7782 | Location: Das heimat! | Registered: 10 October 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Drummond,

Other than the insane traffic I'm really liking it.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
Office 702-848-1693
E-mail markttc@msn.com

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, you must have lived out south fork cause the weather at my house is sunny over 300 days a year. It s a beautiful evening on the deck tonight, zero wind and sixty degrees drinking a very with the most fabulous woman on this planet.

Posts: 123 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 12 February 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Beer not very you stupid communist auto correct prick. Good I would love to meet the auto correct Nazis......

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I musta missed something in this thread...

Rich- I lived in Wyoming for over 16 years. Great place but can be very cyclic when it comes to make a living.

Be advised that the Wyoming Game & Fish takes the 1 year residency thing seriously. As soon as you are there establish residency; bank accounts, driver's license, etc. Simply owning property there is not considered residency. And they investigate!

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Matt Norman:
I musta missed something in this thread...

Rich- I lived in Wyoming for over 16 years. Great place but can be very cyclic when it comes to make a living.

Be advised that the Wyoming Game & Fish takes the 1 year residency thing seriously. As soon as you are there establish residency; bank accounts, driver's license, etc. Simply owning property there is not considered residency. And they investigate!

You didn't miss anything and it was brought out right on the thread by Lhook7 that the OP has to actually live in the state for a year before he can apply for any resident privileges!

one of us
Picture of Matt Norman
posted Hide Post
I lost track on the beer and auto correct Nazi prick thing. I thought the OP was asking about resident hunting license matters in Wyoming

Posts: 3282 | Location: Western Slope Colorado, USA | Registered: 17 August 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I was disagreeing with mark young on the seven months of bad weather in Cody. And then auto correct decided I'm a dumbass. Sorry for the confusion.