THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Outfitter Recommendations for an Idaho Spring Bear Hunt

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Outfitter Recommendations for an Idaho Spring Bear Hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Looking for outfitter recommendation for an Idaho Spring bear hunt. Would perfer an area that allows for 2 tags. Does anyone have positive experiences with an outfitter?
Thanks, John

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

Posts: 598 | Location: Texas/CA | Registered: 18 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thunder stick

I would look up a Outfitter by the name of Ken or Kenny Smith. I believe he lives in the Orfino, Idaho area.

Best of Luck

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
thunder stick

I looked up that info for you.

Ken Smith's Hunting Idaho

Ahsahka, Idaho
Phone 208 476-7148
Web www.huntingidaho.com

Steve

Posts: 847 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the tip. I checked the web site, it looks like this is the last fall Ken will be guiding. Someone named Hoffman but the company and name. I will give them a call.

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

One of Us
Picture of mustbhuntn
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Lochsa River Outfitters last spring and had a great hunt. Their headquaters is in Lowell, Idaho. The website is lochsariveroutfitters.com. I hunted in unit 16 which is a 2 bear area. Stayed in a wall tent, food was good and more than I could eat, the guide was competent, worked hard, knew the area and knew how to hunt bears. And there are lots of bears in that unit. I hunted over 2 different baits and a bear hit one or the other of the baits every day. Sometimes I was on the wrong bait but that is hunting. I can't imagine not getting a bear on a 7 day hunt. Depending on weather, getting two bears is certainly possible. The season stays open until the end of June which helps if you have kids in school. I killed about a 200 lb. old dry sow on the fourth day with my open sighted 45/70. She will be 1/2 lifesize hanging on the wall soon. Got rained out the last 2 days of the hunt. Plan on wet weather and pack accordingly.
Good hunting.

Posts: 322 | Location: Green Forest, Arkansas | Registered: 24 March 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of talentrec
posted Hide Post
I hunted with Mike Richie of Richie Outfitters (www.richieoutfitters.com) in 2009 and had a great hunt. I took two nice bears out of their tent camp in the Selway. One with dogs, the other was just more of a random run in. They offer hunts with dogs, over bait and by spot and stalk. There are lots of color phase bears in the area.

Here's a link to the hunt report:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...581039231#6581039231

Pete

Posts: 810 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 26 July 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I called Richie lastweek waiting for a call back. Im sure this is a busy time of the year for them. I imagine they are out in a camp now.

quote:
Originally posted by talentrec:
I hunted with Mike Richie of Richie Outfitters (www.richieoutfitters.com) in 2009 and had a great hunt. I took two nice bears out of their tent camp in the Selway. One with dogs, the other was just more of a random run in. They offer hunts with dogs, over bait and by spot and stalk. There are lots of color phase bears in the area.

Here's a link to the hunt report:

http://forums.accuratereloadin...581039231#6581039231

Pete

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post
I would suggest www.bouldercreekoutfitters.com they have good areas and work hard to get you a bear. Lots of color phase also.

I have hunted twice with them.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I have a call out to them also.

quote:
Originally posted by BigB:
I would suggest www.bouldercreekoutfitters.com they have good areas and work hard to get you a bear. Lots of color phase also.

I have hunted twice with them.

BigB

NRA
CRPA
DRSS

one of us
posted Hide Post
Several of my friends and I have hunted several times with Elk City Adventures, in Elk City Idaho. A lot of the area they hunt is a 2 bear tag area.

They are good people and run a great hunt.

DOUBLE RIFLE SHOOTERS SOCIETY

Posts: 16134 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Crazyhorseconsulting
posted Hide Post
I second the comments about Elk City Adventures.

"Stitch" and Joannie put on a great hunt and run a good camp. I hunted with them in Sept. o 2010. Really great folks to spend time in a hunting camp with.

Even the rocks don't last forever.

Posts: 31014 | Location: Olney, Texas | Registered: 27 March 2006Reply With Quote