Find
Notify
Tools

Maine tribal land moose hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Biddleman
posted
I've been doing some research and have been kicking around the idea of doing one of these types of moose hunts. Has anyone been on one and can give me the good, bad and ugly of it all?

Posts: 134 | Location: Wrightsville, PA | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Pa.Frank
posted Hide Post
First I heard of it, but it sounds interesting.

I spoke with a resident last year that put in for the moose lottery 34 years in a row before he got picked.. Witn non-residents only being allocated 10% of the tags, i had pretty much crossed Maine off my list..

Does this still fall under the same general Moose regulations? quotas, drawings and such?

do you have a link?

NRA Benefactor.

Life is tough... It's even tougher when you're stupid... John Wayne

Posts: 1980 | Location: The Three Lower Counties (Delaware USA) | Registered: 13 September 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Biddleman
posted Hide Post
From what I've dug up so far is tribal elders will allow a certain number of permits to hunt Moose. I've seen 6 to 8 per year. The deal is half of the meat has to go to the tribe. The hunter gets the other half of meat, hide and antlers.

The reasons you stated is why I began to look around at options.

Posts: 134 | Location: Wrightsville, PA | Registered: 30 December 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Friend of mine went this Fall and as usual most anything that Indians run is fucked up. I would be happy to furnish you his number and he can relate his experience to you. He did shoot a moose but there was issues with the guide and the meat

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Biddleman,

I'm originally from Maine and unfortunately Tom is correct. It is no kind of a guided hunt like you would envision. There are moose and you can buy a tag right from them but those are about the only constants. Some folks get lucky and things go pretty well but often there are issues.

If you want to hunt Maine and kill a trophy moose PM me and I'll show you how to have a 99% chance of drawing the first time and a 100% shooting opportunity at a bull over 50 inches. It will not be road hunt. You'll walk and call which is the proper way to do it.

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, I'll be in Dallas Friday, I would like to discuss this with you.

DRSS

Posts: 626 | Location: OK USA | Registered: 07 June 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Mark, I'd be interested in that info as well and I'm right next door to ME. Thanks...please PM me.

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Biddleman
posted Hide Post
Mark please send me a pm with some details.

One of Us
Picture of TexasHunter
posted Hide Post
Hunted with on a reservation about 10 years ago and never will do it again. As Mark said, you get lucky - they forgot about me one day and picked me up 2 hours after dark. Yes - I was lucky and killed a 184net Mule Deer - but never again. We left early because we didn't know how we would get to the airport with how unreliable.

Posts: 126 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: 30 January 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
A 184 point mule deer is good anywhere, but it is especially good for Maine.

What's that? Oh, you weren't hunting in Maine but with some other Indian tribe? Well, they're all the same, anyway, just like we hunters are all the same. Right?

Posts: 13245 | Location: Henly, TX, USA | Registered: 04 April 2001Reply With Quote