THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    The Wisconsin shooter is claiming self-defense !!

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Wisconsin shooter is claiming self-defense !!
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Heard on the radio this afternoon . This Hmong POS claims the people he killed fired the first shot !

He also claims they yelled racial slurs at him before the shot .

Posts: 1660 | Location: Gary , SD | Registered: 05 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I when I first heard about the shooting I told a good freind that he would claim selfdefense and use the race card.

Only it took him a little longer then I thought.

Posts: 19437 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Here's the text of the probable cause hearing, all 5 pages of it....
http://www.startribune.com/style/news/newsgraphics/files/shooting1123.pdf

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I wonder which of the "high profile" defense attorneys will represent him?? Especially if he chooses to play the race card.

FN in MT

Posts: 950 | Location: Cascade, Montana USA | Registered: 11 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Self-defense? Try again Vang. Reports have two of the hunters being shot right off of their ATVs (no guns drawn by the victims). Also, it appears that the victims had multiple gunshot wounds - it is likely that he fired finishing shots at each victum at point-blank range. What kind of human being would do such a thing? It is still unbelievable to me.

Posts: 294 | Location: Waunakee, WI USA | Registered: 10 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Accoding to the Probable Cause Hearing, he had declined an attorney, up to that time.

Posts: 1615 | Location: Washington State | Registered: 27 May 2004Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
Would you remove your racial slur - it does not serve the hunting community well to act like this when we are under scrutiny. It almost lends credence to Vangs story of the way he was being treated.

Posts: 11 | Location: Del Norte County, CA | Registered: 22 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This whole thing is very sad. The news here in Pittsburg had wrote on there web site that he was using a 7.62 x 39 SKS. They went on to say that this is a populer hunting gun Well I dont know what you take into the woods but I have never herd of or saw anybody with an SKS in the woods during hunting season. About the populer hunting gun, This goes to show you how much you can beleave what the media says about anything much less about a suject like guns. Give it about a half day and the anti gun nuts are going to be all over this. I dont beleave any thing about this until an offical report is issued an then it will still be biased.

Posts: 27 | Location: WESTMORELAND COUNTY PA | Registered: 15 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I found the deposition very interesting and it appears that our oriental friend can read and write and is aware of the law, so he should have no problem when they strap him in the chair and fry him. Sounds like he was on a killing spree and wasn't going to stop till everyone was dead. No witnesses I guess they will have to believe his story. Another note lets keep letting these foreigners in from another country so we will still be having theses problems just like 9/11 when are we gonna close close our borders and keep America for Americans!!!

Posts: 1195 | Location: Billings,MT | Registered: 24 July 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Let him claim it all the way to the electric chair - then fry on his way to hell...

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

...he was using a 7.62 x 39 SKS. They went on to say that this is a populer hunting gun About the populer hunting gun, This goes to show you how much you can beleave what the media says about anything much less about a suject like guns.

CNN reported that the SKS came equipped with a "deer scope", so that he "could stalk them down" and shoot them.

First question, what is a "deer scope"?

Secondly, how do you use said deer scope to "stalk somebody down"?

More media uninformed experts...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

And finally, be careful of anything you read in the Minneapolis Star and Tribune. It is one of the most liberal newspapers in the entire world, and they often report with a tremendous bias towards liberalism.

You mean the good old Minneapolis Star & Sickle?

Yep, gotta agree with you there. Run by, written by, and produced by a pack of raging liberals.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Wow. We use SKS's (scoped and unscoped) to hunt in our woods. Guess that makes us bad? Nevermind that most all have killed their deer with the one shot, maybe two. In my opinion, the SKS is a safer rifle than the ole 30-30 with the exposed hammer that can slip out of cold fingers, meaning an accidental discharge. The cartridges are certainly comparable in effectiveness in my experience. My daughter can put all 10 rounds into a pop can at 80 yds and the recoil does not bother her - both good things in my book. The rifle he used makes no difference. What if he used a Rem 700 in 308 or 300 mag with a nice scope on it? He'd be using a 'military caliber sniper rifle' then.... Something to think about before casting aspersions about the kind of rifle he used.

Really, what he did had nothing to do with the kind of gun. If the victims were truly unarmed, he could have done the same thing with a knife or tree branch or tire iron. Nobody is going to freak out on trying to ban these things. It would be nice if the world could focus on WHAT he did and WHY he did it, instead of what he used to do it. Where I come from, shooting people in the back is not self-defense. It's called killing off the witnesses to save your ass. maxman

Posts: 337 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
maxman
I agree with you except this
"It would be nice if the world could focus on WHAT he did and WHY he did it,"

I don't care WHY he did it.

Posts: 2482 | Location: Alaska....At heart | Registered: 17 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Ok, maybe not why he did it, but I am sure wondering what all happened that day in the woods. What could have led to such a tragedy? It's very sad, indeed.

Posts: 337 | Location: Minnesota, USA | Registered: 23 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Blue,

I don't disagree with what you say at all and I'm well aware most media outlets are liberal propoganda machines more than anything else. I refuse to even read 90% of what the media says.

However unless I'm mistaken he went around hunting people down and shooting them - self defense against 8 people? Ya right... What defense would that have? It seems about 99.99999% likely he's a cold-blooded murderer.

Posts: 863 | Location: Mtns of the Desert Southwest, USA | Registered: 26 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Self defense !! Ha , and pigs fly.

This guy shot 8 people killed 6 people,found scatered over a 100 yard area, Excuss my language , But this guy is a F***** Aggressive Psycotic Murderer. He injoyed shooting the first victim, 2nd victim he shot hey this is fun, third victim what a rush, forth victim and so on.

What if this guy had a bunch more 20 rd clips. He would have killed more people and had a shoot out with the cops when they arrived, No Doubt

Posts: 4821 | Location: Idaho/North Mex. | Registered: 12 June 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
blue
Click the link above...
In his own testamony he chased unarmed men ,running
away no less ,and
shot them dead.I'm not a lawyer but I don't think
whatever happened previous to this,that deadly force
can be justified.
Personally IMO the guy is a murderer.

one of us
posted Hide Post
if in fact, he was walking away and the person with the rifle shouldered it and pointed it at vang, i would think turning around and shooting him would be self defense. by then, the adrenaline would be flowing and a well trained soldier would do as trained. maybe we need 6 weeks of de-conditioning of our soldiers upon discharge.

Posts: 211 | Location: MT | Registered: 24 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JeffP
posted Hide Post
Quote:

if in fact, he was walking away and the person with the rifle shouldered it and pointed it at vang, i would think turning around and shooting him would be self defense.

True
But then to run after fleeing UNARMED men and
shooting them dead is murder.His own admition.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Blue, Don't you write the legal colum for that paper ? You'd certainly fit right in. All your blah blah blah about the legal system is total BS. There is only 1 truesim that applys here in regards to our legal system that is overrun with your liberal buddies and that is this.....
HE WILL GET JUST AS MUCH JUSTICE AS HE CAN AFFORD !

Unless you really believe OJ was innocent and there was a puff of smoke on the grassy knoll.

Posts: 1010 | Registered: 03 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Quote:

if in fact, he was walking away and the person with the rifle shouldered it and pointed it at vang, i would think turning around and shooting him would be self defense.

True
But then to run after fleeing UNARMED men and
shooting them dead is murder.His own admition.

i agree, he did murder the others.

Posts: 211 | Location: MT | Registered: 24 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
He admitted in his interview with the police and FBI that he pursued fleeing unarmed men--and this is after any threat that MAY have existed was over--while firing at them repeatedly.

He admitted to shooting at least one of these fleeing men in the back.

That interview will convict him.

Posts: 13478 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

if in fact, he was walking away and the person with the rifle shouldered it and pointed it at vang, i would think turning around and shooting him would be self defense. by then, the adrenaline would be flowing and a well trained soldier would do as trained. maybe we need 6 weeks of de-conditioning of our soldiers upon discharge.

Self-Defense??? Chai Vang must be the coolest person going then as after the others supposing fired at him(with a pistol that was never found) took the time to remove the scope from his rifle, stick it in his coat pocket(according to Vang�s own statement to the police) before returning fire. If someone points a gun and shoots at me I don�t believe I would take the time to remove the scope before returning fire. I guess I am just the excitable type. Lawdog

Posts: 1254 | Location: Northern California | Registered: 22 December 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

Wow. We use SKS's (scoped and unscoped) to hunt in our woods. Guess that makes us bad? Nevermind that most all have killed their deer with the one shot, maybe two. In my opinion, the SKS is a safer rifle than the ole 30-30 with the exposed hammer that can slip out of cold fingers, meaning an accidental discharge. The cartridges are certainly comparable in effectiveness in my experience. My daughter can put all 10 rounds into a pop can at 80 yds and the recoil does not bother her - both good things in my book. The rifle he used makes no difference.

Really, what he did had nothing to do with the kind of gun. If the victims were truly unarmed, he could have done the same thing with a knife or tree branch or tire iron. Nobody is going to freak out on trying to ban these things. maxman

Maxman, re-read what I have written about the SKS. First, I didnt say that people that hunt with SKS are bad. 2nd, I didnt say that you could not hunt with a SKS. And 3rd, I didnt say a SKS was unsafe! I simply said that the media here in Pittsburg said that an SKS is a populer hunting gun. Which is not true. Just to discredit the media. I was as happy as can be the day the assult ban crashed and burned. The last thing I want is "How bad assult weapons are" on the front page of every news paper after the anti-gun f#c&s hear about it.

Posts: 27 | Location: WESTMORELAND COUNTY PA | Registered: 15 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Quote:

if in fact, he was walking away and the person with the rifle shouldered it and pointed it at vang,

Thats a huge "IF" especially coming from someone that had chased down unarmed men to make sure that they were dead.

Posts: 3104 | Location: alberta,canada | Registered: 28 January 2002Reply With Quote