New
Find
Notify
Tools

New Core-Lokt Bullets
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
I have seen ads for the new bonded core-lokt bullet and read a little on forums like this and was wondering what's up. Is remington phasing out traditional style core-lokt? I was also wondering what the new style bullets/amo was going to sell for. Anyone tried them out yet?

Hate to think we'll lose the traditional core-lokt bullets for "new and improved" version, particularly if the new ones are expensive... I dearly miss the 180 grain 308 roundnose that used to be available as a reloading component.

Posts: 115 | Location: Maine USA | Registered: 26 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I saw the add for the bullet and read an article on the new bullet in a Guns review catalogue. I say7 it will be no more expensive than most available cup type hunting bullets. The biggest change is the hot core process and some jacket tricks. It is going to be available in the Express line of their ammo so that leads me to believe price will not be a big deal.

Posts: 2899 | Registered: 24 November 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Cabela's has them listed in their fall hunting magazine. The price of loaded ammo is twice what you can buy the traditional core-lokt for. I have not seen the bullet offered anywhere yet as a reloading component.

one of us
Picture of todbartell
posted Hide Post
I think they introduced them for their Ultra Mags, sort of a beefed-up Cor-Lokt for higher impact velocities.

Posts: 857 | Location: BC, Canada | Registered: 03 November 2001Reply With Quote
<Ol' Sarge>
posted
Wasn't nuthin' wrong with the old ones!

one of us
posted Hide Post
I think the big reason they introduced them is the old ones took up too much space in short Ultra Mags.....the new ones are supposed to be a little shorter for the same weight.

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote