New
Find
Notify
Tools

messed up big
 Login/Join

<lazzeroni>
posted
Today I was cow elk hunting with some friends I didnt have tag So I ws the video man. My friend shot a cow and it ran to the bottom of the draw I left my camera equipment at the truck. we we resting when a heard of 40 cows and 1 branch bull. 75 yards away walking broadside. This was not your average bull,300-350 class six by seven with great mass. This would have been a great video and pictur. I will never leave my equipment again. These elk must have known when hunting season was they werent spooked

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hey lazz...Welcome to the boards, I'm sure you'll love it here...we sure do anyways. Funny thing, elk hunting...I've never seen so much luck involved in hunting any animal, or even photographing in this case.

------------------
God Bless and Shoot Straight

Posts: 264 | Location: Big Sky Country, MT | Registered: 12 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At least you didn't have a bull tag and left your rifle. I have seen people to that.

Posts: 19390 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
<Ol' Sarge>
posted
About three years ago while bow hunting elk in Colorado, I stopped while riding a fourwheeler, walked 30 yards to the edge of a cliff to glass and had a huge bull run between me and the fourwheeler.

Shawn laid his bow down to answer the call of nature and had a bull almost run over him. He was able to duck walk with his pants around his ankles to his bow and make the shot.

Sure wish I had a video of that one

------------------
Jesus is the reason for the season.

<Mike Dettorre>
posted
Lazzeroni,

What Lazzeroni do you have? I have an 8.59 Galaxy.

<lazzeroni>
posted
I have a .308 warbird