THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Wyoming hearing on wolf classification gets emotional

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wyoming hearing on wolf classification gets emotional
 Login/Join

one of us
Picture of Elkslayer
posted
Since they have a blurp at the bottom of this article stating:

"Copyright � 2003 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed" I'll just post the link and hope I won't go to jail.

http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&display=rednews/2003/01/30/build/wyoming/50-xgr-wolves.inc

Posts: 452 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: 15 November 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I hope Wyoming wins this one; I'm sick and tired of the idiots here on the East Coast dictating to others that they have to risk their safety and livelihoods so eastern elites can feel good about what they've done for wildlife (which they've damned near wiped out with developments).

Give 'em hell!

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree with you George, except the idiots live on both coasts. And a sprinkling in between. Now we just need a few Hollywood types to go present themselves as human shields for the wolves once they are declassified.

Todd

Posts: 1248 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: 14 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Gotta be practical here guys--you can joust all the windmills you want but there is no way in hell the USFWS will approve delisting with WY's plan as it stands. The state ain't gonna get rid of wolves now, period. If they want a say in management and liscense dollars generated from management hunts, put forward a reasonable plan the Feds can live with and move as quickly as possible to a permit hunting system. This isn't greeny stuff here--I've got a pair less than 8 miles from my door right now, on the ground that I hunt. I just wish people could cool off enough to see where this all is going and quit taking pointless stands that just slow down the whole process. My opinion of course...

Posts: 767 | Location: Seeley Lake Montana | Registered: 17 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snowcat:
Gotta be practical here guys--you can joust all the windmills you want but there is no way in hell the USFWS will approve delisting with WY's plan as it stands. The state ain't gonna get rid of wolves now, period. If they want a say in management and liscense dollars generated from management hunts, put forward a reasonable plan the Feds can live with and move as quickly as possible to a permit hunting system. This isn't greeny stuff here--I've got a pair less than 8 miles from my door right now, on the ground that I hunt. I just wish people could cool off enough to see where this all is going and quit taking pointless stands that just slow down the whole process. My opinion of course...

Agree. The anti-hunters and anti-gunners are masters of incrementalism. It's time we read from their favorite page in their playbook.

In the meantime, remember the three S's [Big Grin]

[ 01-31-2003, 09:05: Message edited by: ksduckhunter ]

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
As one wyoming rancher told me: "How I ranch is dictated by the cliff dwellers in NYC and the fat broads on daytime tv."

Posts: 2037 | Location: frametown west virginia usa | Registered: 14 October 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
See document, United States Constitution, Bill of Rights, in particular, Tenth Amendment.

Posts: 922 | Location: Somers, Montana | Registered: 23 May 2002Reply With Quote