New
Find
Notify
Tools

Why People in Montana Need Pickups
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
rotflmo animalHow the heck did they get that up there?? Wonder if I can get a moose on top of my Kia.... bewildered

Posts: 513 | Location: Alaska | Registered: 25 October 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of ElCaballero
posted Hide Post
GIT'ER DONE!!!! You won't see that in Sports Afield!

As a general rule, people are nuts!
spinksranch.com

Posts: 2094 | Location: Missouri, USA | Registered: 02 March 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is why I absolutely love living here.

Posts: 763 | Location: Montana | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
LOL

Cool when you need it done you just do it. After buying my first pickup for hunting I decided I wouldn't be with out one again.

Posts: 19448 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of RMiller
posted Hide Post
NICE. clap

--------------------
THANOS WAS RIGHT!

Posts: 9823 | Location: Montana | Registered: 25 June 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That has to be one of the best photos I have ever seen. It was in the Billings Gazzette and was taken near Billings. I would bet they are headed back to the rez! thumb

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
And hopefully they drove past all the guys in their $40,000 trucks hauling trailers full of ORV's.

One of my favorite hunting rigs when I was a teen was a Ford Pinto wagon.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would like to buy them a beer! beer clap

Posts: 10478 | Location: N.W. Wyoming | Registered: 22 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kudu56:
That has to be one of the best photos I have ever seen. It was in the Billings Gazzette and was taken near Billings. I would bet they are headed back to the rez! thumb

The whole story was over on 24hour. Sorry there fella it wasn't any Indians that shot it. It was some lady and it was her first elk.

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well she did damn good! thumb I would love to hear the story, from her.

One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
quote:
It was some lady and it was her first elk.

That's even better, it even looks like a chick car.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any chick who can put that Elk on the top of that car is more Woman than I want. Eeker

Posts: 6277 | Location: Not Likely, but close. | Registered: 12 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of NBHunter
posted Hide Post
quote:
One of my favorite hunting rigs when I was a teen was a Ford Pinto wagon

Toyota Camary Wagon for me. We had dead bears and every kind of waterfowl piled in that thing. Crossed the runoff from a beaver pond once in it and the water came up in the doors. gotta love those memories.

---------------------------------

It's better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it

Posts: 741 | Location: NB Canada | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of 323
posted Hide Post
Here is the story.
http://www.billingsgazette.com/index.php?id=1&display=r...ors/35-off-trail.inc

John

Handmade paracord rifle slings: paracordcraftsbypatricia@gmail.com

Posts: 2501 | Location: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: 31 May 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I like the ride to the Butcher Shop with a nice bull in the bed of the truck. Truly one of those "Miller Time" deals. The hunt is over, the hard work is done and it's time to savor your success.

Can't believe people "flipped her off". Most folks out here give You a thumbs UP when they see a nice bull in the pickup bed.

FN in MT

'I'm tryin' to think, but nothin' happens"!

Curly Howard
Definitive Stooge

Posts: 350 | Location: Cascade, Montana | Registered: 26 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's too funny. Saw some guys do that once and it actually caved in the roof of the car. They were laughing about it until they got home it was his wifes car. lol

Posts: 1679 | Location: Renton, WA. | Registered: 16 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Nice Elk to boot.

Hey Mickey, Thanks for sharing the flicks.

Any of you all have an idea what that is sticking up just to her right "inside the car"?

Posts: 9920 | Location: Carolinas, USA | Registered: 22 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Great story! Good for her!

one of us
Picture of KINO
posted Hide Post
Maybe a Montana custom like this one would make a better game hauler. thumb
I saw this beauty in Superior this summer and knew a photo would come in handy.
[IMG][url="http://www.hunt101.com/?p=363909&c=500&z=1"] [/url][/IMG]

Posts: 470 | Location: SYRACUSE, UT, USA | Registered: 13 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
That's funny...thanks!

If yuro'e corseseyd and dsyelixc can you siltl raed oaky?

Posts: 9647 | Location: Yankeetown, FL | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I would just like to know how they got the thing up there!

Posts: 400 | Location: Murfreesboro,TN,USA | Registered: 16 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Skinner.
posted Hide Post
quote:
how they got the thing up there!

From the article,

"Potter's friend, Garth Bascom, a foreman at the ranch, loaded the five-point bull atop the car using a front-end loader, she said. The group laid two 2x6 planks across the length of the roof to keep it from caving in, placing the elk on top of the boards."

one of us
posted Hide Post
When I was in highschool I used a VW "Baja" bug. It had a fabric sliding sunroof. A buddy once shot a buck that scored, if memory serves, just two points short of making book. It was so big we had to open the roof and stick the head and antlers out, the body filled the back seat, and the front legs stuck forward into the windshield. We drove that buck all over town and showed it to everyone, which wasn't too hard in a town of 600. It was amazing the places that little car could go.

Posts: 866 | Location: Western CO | Registered: 19 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Made my day!

Like ElCaballero said thats a work with what ya' got and get her done attitude...!

Cheers to the lady hunter!!! cheers

Regards,
Dave

Posts: 1238 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: 31 December 2001Reply With Quote