THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Moved to California!!! Looking to make new connections :)

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Moved to California!!! Looking to make new connections :)
 Login/Join

One Of Us
posted
Hi all!

My Fiancé and I recently relocated to the Bay area (from Quebec, Canada) and we're excited about the opportunities ahead of us. I now have the chance to fulfill my plans of working and living in a region that has entrepreneurial flair and is located where I can pursue some of my hunting/fishing passions and other outdoor activities.

I'd like to reach out to other California sportsmen to make new friends, explore and learn of hunting/fishing opportunities and generally get connected to the community.

I'd also like to get involved in some local organizations (SCI, Weatherby Foundation, shooting range etc. ) and I'd appreciate any input/other suggestions you'd have.

Please feel free to PM me or post here. I'd be happy to exchange e-mails and phone numbers through PM.

Thanks and looking forward to speaking with you!

ADDED:I'm living in Palo Alto and I'm willing to travel around to meet and greet new people from this base. A few hours drive is possible and I'm also open to weekend trips etc.

one of us
Picture of Fjold
posted Hide Post
Lefty,

Come over to www.Calguns.net there are a lot of bay area shooters and hunters on there. I'm 250 miles south of there but welcome to the neighborhood.

Frank

"I don't know what there is about buffalo that frightens me so.....He looks like he hates you personally. He looks like you owe him money."
- Robert Ruark, Horn of the Hunter, 1953

NRA Life, SAF Life, CRPA Life, DRSS lite

Posts: 12705 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: 30 December 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gun owners of California is a great political organization to join. We are having our annunal sporting clays shoot this saturday at Commanche Hills in Ione, about 2 hours east of the Bay area. There is more info at gunownersca.com.
I'm not sure where the closest rang to you is. You might look in to the Chabot range in Hayward. It would be around 45 minutes from you. Livermore has a trap shooting club about an hour from you. Martinez also has a trap club with sporting clays and bunker trap, also about an hour away.

Posts: 460 | Location: Auburn CA. | Registered: 25 March 2007Reply With Quote
One Of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Frank. I'll check it out; that's a great idea.

SWD, very useful to know Wink I have other plans already for this weekend, but I'll look into the places that you mentioned.

I appreciate it!