Find
Notify
Tools

Rem. 700 Classic 300 Weatherby?
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of ted thorn
posted
Whats a used Rem. 700 Classic in .300 Weatherby worth. Shows some small dings and scratches in the stock from normal use. Steel is pretty clean no rust just marked where the basses were attached. Bore shines bright. One hell of a cartrige would be my biggest what would you use it for?

Posts: 7361 | Location: South East Missouri | Registered: 23 November 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Buying or selling? A local dealer I visited yesterday had one on consignment for $450. Its condition was similar to what you describe. The only problem I see with the Remmington Classics in this caliber is that they have a 24" barrel. To get the most out of the .300 Wby in a factory rifle you really need a 26" barrel. The .300 Wby has been my go to cartridge for elk and all my western hunting for the past 12 years.

Posts: 1240 | Location: Golden, CO | Registered: 05 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have used the .300 Wby for coon hunting that was too much fun with 110 grain soft points. But seriously in my opinion it’s the ultimate Elk cartage and will work great for deer too. But its all in what you want and that what counts after all you are the one buying it. beer

Posts: 182 | Location: Bandon Oregon | Registered: 03 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Well, I own a Remington 700 Classic chambered in 300 Wby Mag and really like the rifle.

I could never sell this one, it was a gift, but I see no reason they should not be worth at least $500.

And yes, the 24 inch barrel hampers the 300 Wby mag cartridge just a little, but I routinely shoot 180 grain bullets better than 3150 fps in mine. A 26 inch barrel would be better for speed, but the 24 inch is just a litle handier in the field.

What to use it for? In the last few years I have shot a couple of bull elk, a mule deer, a couple of wild hogs, and one unlucky coyote with mine.

R Flowers

Posts: 1220 | Location: Hanford, CA, USA | Registered: 12 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also have one. I use it for big hogs in South Texas along with several deer. I always wanted a weatherby and bought this one new for 400 out the door in 1989. Couldn't afford a Mark V but this classic will bump holes at 100 yds with 180 grain Nosler Partition handloads. I also have a Remington sendero in 300 wby that has never been fired. That should tell you how much I like the performance of the cartridge.

Keep yer powder dry and yer knife sharp.

Posts: 582 | Location: Texas City, TX. USA. | Registered: 25 January 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of JLHeard
posted Hide Post
Don't buy it. As I've found, once you buy a .300 Mag of any flavor, you really don't need another caliber for almost any hunting in N. America.

Smiler

It is not enough to fight for natural land and the west; it is even more important to enjoy it...So get out there and hunt and fish and mess around with your friends...

- Edward Abbey

Posts: 580 | Location: Mesa, AZ | Registered: 11 May 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
An acquaintance of mine has a M700 Classic in .300 Wby. It has been his go-to big game rifle for many years. Shoots very well.

Sorry, can't help you with an estimated price.

- mike

The rifle is a noble weapon... It entices its bearer into primeval forests, into mountains and deserts untenanted by man. - Horace Kephart

Posts: 6653 | Location: Switzerland | Registered: 11 March 2002Reply With Quote