New
Find
Notify
Tools

back from Utah
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Just came back from UT. Had a great hunt outside of Vernal. Shot a 13 incher. I know not that big,
but he was the daddy. He had 6 does with him. He saw us and would take off. He could not stand it,
the does would not follow him. So he would come back. Took him with my 25-06 at 325yds. Perfect weather, 55 in the mornings and 70's in the evenings. I will put pics up when I get them developed. Thank you to Wade Lemon hunting and to Dick Bess the guide.

Posts: 493 | Location: GEORGIA, U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bob in TX
posted Hide Post
Scrappy,

Congrats!! Post those pictures! I am off for a west Texas speed-goat the 28th.

Bob

Posts: 3065 | Location: Hondo, Texas USA | Registered: 28 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
So what did you think of old Wade Lemon? I met him quite a few years ago. Spent an afternoon at his house back when he was first starting out as a guide. He seemed like a real good guy that truly had a love for the sport of hunting, especially with dogs. My folks don't live to far from him. I keep meaning one these days to stop in and see him again. Just hasn't happened yet.

Posts: 210 | Location: Montana | Registered: 30 December 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Thanks bob, I will get those pics up.
Big Sky, Wade had some clients and couldn't get over. I am trying to draw a MT. lion tag w/ Wade.

Posts: 493 | Location: GEORGIA, U.S.A. | Registered: 28 April 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Wstrnhuntr
posted Hide Post
Congrats Scrappy!

What direction from Vernal did you go? My older brother lives in Vernal and will be taking his boy out for the first time this year, I sold him my old sporterized enfield 30-06 and hes all geeked up about hunting Deer for the first time. I hope he gets one so I can hear the story about the fun he had cleaning and dragging his first kill. My bro said "I think that he thinks I will clean it for him and hes dead wrong". [Big Grin]

Posts: 10170 | Location: Tooele, Ut | Registered: 27 September 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Wstrnhuntr, we traveled east from Vernal. Went out from a town called Naples to the Green River.
That started the Bonanza Slope area all the way to the White River. Only saw one mule deer the whole time. I hope your nephew does good.