THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM AMERICAN BIG GAME HUNTING FORUMS

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  American Big Game Hunting    Approx. amount for an Elk hunt in Colorado/??

Moderators: Canuck
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Approx. amount for an Elk hunt in Colorado/??
 Login/Join

one of us
posted
Ok i figured i should do this now so i have plenty of money when the time comes. I want to go to Colorado when i graduate, which is 3 more years after this semester. If i save up money from each summer and deposit into my "Elk Account" I would probably have nearly $2000 or more. Would this be sufficient to pay for an unguided elk hunt in Colorado, w/ tags, and we would not be flying either. I would imagine a taxidermist fee would be quite hefty granted a take a nice bull. I would have to buy a small pup tent of some sort. I would most likely go during Archery season and would have to update my bow which wont break the bank too bad. I wish i knew the state of Colorados webside to their DGIF. Can anyone help a poor college kid out with some information? Oh yeah one more thing. Why do i want a Ruger #1 in .375 H&H so bad for ? ha

Posts: 121 | Location: Central VA | Registered: 13 February 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You can do it for $2000, start applying now so you can build preference points. 3 points will get you in a good unit. Drop me an email if you need any specifics. I may have a spike camp somewhere I could let you use.
http://wildlife.state.co.us/

Posts: 359 | Location: 40N,104W | Registered: 07 August 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
John 17,

Send me a PM. I'm from Colorado and am stationed in the Navy in Norfolk. I'll give you all the advice on Colorado elk hunting I can including which areas would be best for a first time elk hunter.

Mac

Posts: 1638 | Location: Colorado by birth, Navy by choice | Registered: 04 February 2001Reply With Quote