Bullets - Seyfried
 Login/Join

posted
Email for zipfile.

[ 11-17-2003, 18:04: Message edited by: Nickudu ]

Posts: 11017 | Registered: 14 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that I recall Mr. S. making an offhand negative comment about Barnes X in one of his articles - something about 100% weight retention in an expanding bullt is not necessarily a good thing since that may mean that there is not much tissue damage, and concluding that the Nosler partition is a perfect compromise.

Posts: 18352 | Location: Salt Lake City, Utah USA | Registered: 20 April 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Whatever. So much of what he says is contradicted by so many peoples' experiences that I just ignore him.

Posts: 2206 | Location: USA | Registered: 31 August 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Please share yours Orion 1.

Chuck

Posts: 2659 | Location: Southwestern Alberta | Registered: 08 March 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Gatehouse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chuck Nelson:
Please share yours Orion 1.

Chuck

That would be good for a laugh [Smile]

Posts: 3082 | Location: Pemberton BC Canada | Registered: 08 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I recently read an article by Mr. Sefried where he talked about the failsafe like it was God's gift to hunters, then he slammed the Barnes X for the mere fact that it was a hollow point. Sounded condradictory to me. It seems that every article he writes, he sings praise about the failsafe and slams other bullets. Is my understanding correct that he had some involvement in the developement of the failsafe?

Gib

Posts: 130 | Location: Fresno, CA - again | Registered: 13 May 2003Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
One thing that is constant with Mr. Seyfried is his affection for the Nosler Partition. You never have the wrong bullet when shooting them at big game.

Posts: 13024 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
I have an article here where Seyfried extolls the virtues of Barnes bullets. I suppose the view is subject to what point in time it is written to a degree but ...

one of us
posted Hide Post
Hi,
Does anyone here have experience with Jensen bullets? Although it seems Seyfried has a pessimistic/sarcastic tone in his column in Rifle magazine when referring to hunters who don't follow his idea of the correct way of doing things, here he seems like a kid who has just learned how to use the internet....makes it sound like the Jensen bullets make sure you hit a trohpy and even cape it out for you!

Posts: 2360 | Location: London | Registered: 31 May 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Michael Robinson
posted Hide Post
Timing is everything as far as bullets are concerned--especially solids. Let R.S. write the same article now, and he'd feature different bullets--except for the Nosler Partition, which will forever be the benchmark.

I used a 7mm Rem. Mag. with 160 gr. NPs on common waterbuck, southern impala, common reedbuck, warthog and lichtenstein's hartebeest this year, and the 55 or so year old design worked without flaw. Some things are so good, they can't appreciably be improved.

Posts: 13667 | Location: New England | Registered: 06 June 2003Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
" Some things are so good, they can't appreciably be improved."

Why, thank you, Mrlexma ... I appreciate that. [Wink]

[ 11-16-2003, 12:25: Message edited by: Nickudu ]