New
Find
Notify
Tools

3 do it it yourself meat does
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Hey guys. I just got myself and everything back in order after getting in on a do it yourself deer hunt up out side of the Bluegrass Region.

I will type it up this weekend, but to not bury the lead we shot 3 out of 5 deer seen. The first was about a 120 pound doe. I shot her at a lazered range of 115 yards right dead center between the eyes. The next deer was about a 95 pound doe. Shot the following morning right at 8:45 a.m. My first shot blew out her heart. The second shot came quick centering her shoulder blades for the three count.

The final deer shot was the mirror image of my second doe shot. She was shot at 100:10ish the same morning I shot my second doe. She stopped on a bench as she ran through two ridges. My Uncle shot her through the spine angling down. The shot centered the very top of the liver and exited. Needles to say she collapsed at the shot. We were a long ways back up a very tall ridge. I was glad, with one hanging, pulling them by home made rope harness they were not much bigger.

If anyone wants to post or see photos send me iPhone number or email by pm. I warn you the head shot first doe is a little graphic.

Thank you all.

Posts: 12259 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Love to hear it when there is venison on the meat pole.
You used the phrase "not to bury the lead." As a retired newspaper editor, that bought a smile to my face.

beer

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16654 | Location: Las Cruces, NM | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fantastic. Meat in the freezer.

Posts: 42345 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks gentleman. Unforeseen weekend stuff got in the way of a formal report. The holiday is almost here. I will try to get one. Was a fun, hard hunt with family I have not seen in 10 years.

Posts: 12259 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote