New
Find
Notify
Tools

antelope hunt
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I would like to put together a do it yourself rifle hunt for antelope this year or next. One of the things that I was wondering is what state would be the easiest to draw in and whats the chances of drawing a deer tag too? Another thing is land, how hard is it to get permision, I would be willing to pay a trespass fee. Last year I hunted the bow season in Nebraska. Saw a alot of goats but couldent get close to nothing big (Big to me would be 13 +). Problem is its not my hunting spot. Just trying to get some info from you guys who have done it before, not asking for your honey hole.

Thanks
Big-un

Posts: 81 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big-un: I just returned from a Hunt in Texas. I travelled through Green River, Wyoming and over to Pine Bluffs, Wyoming on I-80. To say I was impressed with the herds of Antelope I saw on this 320 mile stretch of Wyoming's I-80 would be an understatement!
I literally saw many many thousands of Antelope. I did stop and stay for a day on a ranch a little north of I-80 (36 miles north) and again the Antelope were swarming and looked very healthy! I think you may have just missed the initial draw in Wyoming for Antelope but there are always tags left over in many areas (first come first served as I recall). I would say for sure the 2,005 Antelope season in Wyoming will be a good one. I used to Hunt Wyoming for Antelope every year but I moved to Montana seven years ago and have not hunted there since - as I am just to busy with fall Elk Hunting and Big Game scouting.
I travelled this 320 mile stretch twice, once east bound and then 10 days later west bound - and it was no misunderstanding LOTS and LOTS of Antelope!
Good luck with your endeavor!
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy

Posts: 3067 | Location: South West Montana | Registered: 20 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Draw deadline was yesterday.But like VG said,check out the Wy website for details about leftover tags.Good luck,Dave

Posts: 156 | Location: Southern MD | Registered: 29 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Big-Un,

Why do it yourself when you can hunt fully guided on very lightly hunted private land? If you like bow hunting my outfitter specializes in it with one ranch dedicated to bow only. These hunts start at $1550 for fully guided 3 day antelope and you provide food and lodging to a mule deer/antelope bow combo for $3750 with everything included. We can still apply for this year if you like in the late WY drawing and you will draw.

Regards,

Mark

MARK H. YOUNG
MARK'S EXCLUSIVE ADVENTURES
7094 Oakleigh Dr. Las Vegas, NV 89110
Office 702-848-1693
Cell, Whats App, Signal 307-250-1156 PREFERRED
E-mail markttc@msn.com
Check us out on https://www.facebook.com/pages...ures/627027353990716

Posts: 12929 | Location: LAS VEGAS, NV USA | Registered: 04 August 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Varmintguy,
How hard was it finding a place to hunt hunt in Wyoming when you did hunt there?

Big-un

Posts: 81 | Location: Northwest Iowa | Registered: 05 February 2005Reply With Quote