New
Find
Notify
Tools

Big Sky Trophy Outfitters
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Has anyone had anything to do with an outfitter called Big Sky Trophy Outfitters? The man in charge is Dale Denney. I believe they are based out of Colville WA. however they offer hunts in Eastern Montana. Their prices look fair and the hunts they offer are town hunts with them picking you up and dropping you off at your motel at night. If anyone has had any experience with them I would love to hear it. I am thinking about booking a Antelope- Mule deer hunt. Thanks.........

WS

Posts: 94 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 13 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I have a friend that hunted with them a couple of years ago for bear and he could not have anything better to say about the outfit. I dont persoanlly know them but my friend is pretty particular. Based on his recomendation I would not hesitate to give them a try

Drummond

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of drummondlindsey
posted Hide Post
I apologize, my friend hunted with this outfit

http://www.tablemountainoutfitters.com/

His name is Scott Denny, not Dale Denney. My mistake

Drum

Posts: 2093 | Location: Windsor, CO | Registered: 06 December 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Dale Denney also runs an outfit named Bearpaw Outfitting, also out of Colville WA; I have no personal experience with him but I remember reading some negative reviews about his outfit, I believe on HuntReports or a similar site. I apologize for my lack of specificity, but I'd do some serious homework prior to booking with him....

Regards,
Craig Nolan

Best Regards,

Craig Nolan

Posts: 403 | Location: South of Alamo, Ca. | Registered: 30 January 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Don't know the gentleman or the outfit, but I would encourage you to seek out a Montana resident guide and outfitter, one who lives in the area you want to hunt and knows both the country and the neighboring ranchers. Try the Montana Dept of Fish and Gane Webpage for early planning stages. Also the Montana Guides and Outfitters Association has a list of businesses with all the particulars. Better yet, eastern Montana has many many acres of public land. Think about doing it yourself. The country is lousy with deer and antelope.

Posts: 442 | Location: Montana territory | Registered: 02 July 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thank you all for the responses and tips. I appreciate it immensely.

WS

Posts: 94 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 13 October 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't think I could ever pay to hunt with somebody who lives one place and then guides a long ways away. I live just about right in the wilderness and I still could learn a lot more about my surroundings. I just laugh at all the guides around here that come up from the states or down south for their three weeks a year and think that they know it all.

Posts: 304 | Location: Prince George BC | Registered: 12 February 2005Reply With Quote